The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M-D 262 Boxed w/$450 in Xtras/Free Shipping/Lovely!

D&A

Hi All,

Up for sale is my boxed, complete Leica M-D 262 digital rangefinder body. It is in lovely condition and comes with approx. $450 in useful extras to complete this package. Cosmetically It is in lovely condition, close to a 9+ although some would easily rate it a 9+ and of course functionally wise, it operates flawlessly. More on the cosmetics mentioned below.

I rarely say this when I sell an item, but this is one of my favorite cameras to shoot with (near the top of my list), and the only reason I contemplated selling it is due to both photographic objectives I want to pursue and some obligations.

Ask anyone who shoots with a Leica M-D 262, and virtually all say its one of their favorite cameras to use. That's why very few come up for sale and those that generally do, are from individuals who opt to upgrade to the similar $7900 Leica M10-D body. Some even still prefer this M-D 262 to the M10-D.

The camera comes boxed (including both the Leica silver box as well as the outer gray protective box) and is complete as shown with cords, Leica leather strap, original battery, original charger, instructions and other booklets and paperwork, Leica draw string pouches, the hot shoe cover (not shown) and more is included. That's just the standard stuff that comes with a M-D 262.

Here are the extra items I am including:

1. An extra original Leica battery (which makes a total of 2 batteries with this package). Used value is approx. $130.00

2. A Angelo Pelle hand made Italian leather 1/2 case specifically designed for the M-D 262, with a cut out for a Match Technical Thumbs-up. This case costs $200 to order from Italy plus shipping. Therefore value is $200.00

3. A black color Match Technical Thumbs-up for this camera. Combined with the use of the case, it makes an idea handling package. Used value in this condition is approx. $100.00

4. A black color screw-in concave shape shutter release button. Value is approx. $20.00 *** Please note, the screw in shutter release button shown in the pics was misplaced and a somewhat similar black color one was substituted for this sale.

The reason I did not rate the camera a full 9+ is for two cosmetic reasons as shown in the two pics prior to the very last pic of the outer box. I had to shine a very bright spotlight on the areas, to have them show up. Normally they are not really noticeable unless one goes specifically looking for them. I am just fussy that way. In one pic of the top plate, there is a slight bright spot in the black paint. In another pic, there are a few light hairline small and short sized marks (scratches). Again not really noticeable unless one is specifically looking for them. I accentuated both to try to make them show up.

Other than that, its a beautiful camera, inside and out by itself along with the standard items but with the extras I am including, it may be one of the best values in a lightly used Leica M-D262.

Price is $3695 net to me with FREE SHIPPING in the lower 48 CONUS. To Alaska, Hawaii and other destinations, please inquire.

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions, please ask.

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

D&A

Yea one of mine too Dave. One day we'll find that winning lottery ticket and then we can fulfill our photographic equipment dreams.

Dave (D&A)