The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Zeiss ZM 2/50 Planar 50mm f/2 lens for Leica M mount (Black)

Amin

Changed my mind again so this lens is back on sale.

I am selling a black Zeiss ZM 50mm f/2 Planar.

Asking price is $475 + US shipping and PayPal = $500 or best offer.

I am willing to ship internationally at cost in select cases.

This lens has only been used a couple of times and has always had a filter on it (filter not included), so it is really like new. There is a visible speck of internal dust.

Lens comes with original front and back caps plus box and all paperwork. It does not come with the hood.

I purchased this lens new on 11/14/08 for $694.69 shipped from Matsuiyastore (Japan).

Please email me at (asabet at gmail) if you want the lens.

Thank you,
Amin

Amin

Mike Johnston's comments after using this lens:

I haven't used every 50mm that exists, but I've tried about 50 of them now and have owned more than 15...and that's more than most people have tried, you've got to admit. What follows is only a provisional decision, and I don't want to be held to it absolutely. Neither, for reasons enummerated earlier, do I want to have to defend my thesis in a court of opinion or hold verbal prizefights with other self-appointed experts. However, I think that (for me, personally, subjectively, given my tastes and values in terms of connoisseurship...you've got all that already, right?), the Zeiss ZM 50mm ƒ/2 is the new winner. It takes pride of place as the best 50mm I know of. I'd have to use it more to be sure, but it looks that way... I can tell you that if I shot with the Epson RD-1 or the Leica M8, this would be my short tele
Irwin Puts' comments on this lens:

For several generations the Planar design has tried to challenge the Summicron 50mm and never became as good. Now at last we have a lens that equals the Summicron-M 50mm and is even a trace better in the curvature of field area... The Planar wide open is a potent performer and at smaller apertures becomes a master at reproducing with a life-like three dimensionality, that was the hallmark of the G-version of the Planar too.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

Sounds like a good deal but I'm still a couple of months from being ready for a fast prime otherwise I'd jump on it.

Amin

Sorry, I can't seem to make up my mind and am again withdrawing this lens from sale :eek:.