The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sony A7rII with Kolari mod for Leica M lenses

It's time to sell my A7RII with Kolari sensor modification. The modification makes it more compatible with Leica and other 'legacy' M-mount lenses. It includes a Leica M to Sony FE adapter and the usual accessories. It did much of the work for this book (SHADOWSCAPES - Kirk Thompson Photography) and has been my backup camera since moving to medium format. But it’s finally time for it to find it a new home.

Regarding the Kolari A7rII M-lens modification: Sony uses a thick sensor cover glass that diffuses the corners when you use lenses with a short distance between rear element and sensor. Kolari replaces this glass with a cover of the same thickness as Leica uses on M-series digital cameras. It lets you use lenses from 35mm Summicron and longer at wide apertures without corner diffusion.

For full description see https://kolarivision.com/product/sony-a7-series-thin-filter-legacy-lens-upgrade/
Kolari offers a LR/ACR camera profile to retain color accuracy.

Included with the camera body:

Voigtlander Leica M to Sony FE adapter
L-bracket
3 batteries
Charger
Original User’s Manual (better one on Sony website)
Copy of Kolari certificate

The camera shows few (or no?) signs of use, has almost always been used on a tripod, and has always had a screen protector. It probably has a medium shutter count, not because it’s been used a lot but because of multiple exposures for bracketing, stitching, and focus stacking.

A7rIIs seem to be selling for about $1200. The modification costs $400, so I’m guessing that $1450 with adapter and L-bracket is a fair price. I can consider other offers if this doesn’t seem reasonable.

ConUS sale only; you pay PayPal and I pay shipping. The original box was stored in a wet spot (without the camera in it!) and is ugly, but is good for shipping.

Thanks for looking,

Kirk

1Above.jpg2AboveBack.jpg3FrontLBracket.jpg4CamBatChgPlus.jpg5KolariCertificate.jpg

Last edited:

phil devries

Make offer?

Kirk
Hi Kirk,
I've been a member/buyer on this forum for some years. Look me up on Wiki. I recently bought a a7rii and am learning that camera, but I've been a Leica m shooter for a long time. The idea of using my stable of Leica glass on a Sony full frame is intriguing. Thus my interest in your add. If still available, my question is: "can you direct me to some images taken with this set-up using various Leica lenses that show how it performs. Then I can think about your gear offering. Thanks for your time,
Phil