The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

50mm Sonnars for M-Mount

I'm clearing out a few unusual 50mm Sonnars that I'm not using as much anymore. They're both excellent lenses, and I'm sure I'll regret losing them!

MS-Optical 50mm F1.1 Sonnetar Silver, M-mount - $1500 USD

Now one of the rarest Miyazaki lenses, the Sonnetar takes time to learn how to use, but gives amazing results with some practice. I used it specifically as a portrait lens, where it performed brilliantly.

The lens is in excellent condition, and only shows light signs of use. The glass is clean with no issues. I had it overhauled by a local tech when the iris got loose, and it's working great now.

I've made a non-permanent mark in grease pencil on the coma ring - this is the point where I had the best results focusing close up and wide open. It can be easily cleaned off with a damp cloth.

Comes with a UV filter (matching silver), the original hood, and 3rd party front & rear caps.

Zeiss Contax 5cm F1.5 Sonnar, with Amedeo M-mount Adapter - $600 USD
This is an uncoated pre-war Sonnar that dates to 1937, and one of the cleanest I've seen. It took a lot of searching to find one this good, and the results have been worth it! Images have a lovely vintage quality, but it sharpens up a lot past F2.2.

The glass is extremely clean for its age - I can't see anything but dust inside. There is a bit of oil on the iris blades, but not as much as you usually see on these lenses. The focus and iris operate very smoothly. If I'm being extremely critcal, I can see what look like mild staining spots on the rear element, which are only visible under very bright light.

It comes with the Amedeo adapter for 50mm Contax lenses, which reverses the focus direction to match Leica, and is rangefinder-coupled down to 0.6m. It has space to paint in 6-bit coding, which I have not done. It also comes with a matching silver UV filter, and 3rd party front & rear caps.

Payment by Paypal is preferred. Interac E-transfer or local pickup is an option for fellow Canadians.

Please ask for a shipping quote!

View attachment 144356View attachment 144357View attachment 144358View attachment 144359View attachment 144360View attachment 144361View attachment 144362View attachment 144363