The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Scammer Alert!

Etherton

Be very cautious of anyone messaging you about a WTB (want to buy) item you have posted. I have had 3 PM's for items from 2 different newly registered members. Here are their messages. I know they are scammers. I removed the first part of their email addresses. DO NOT send them ANY money!

Lawson38 "Email Gillson in Texas, He has a NiSi V6 100mm Filter Holder Kit with Enhanced CPL for sale. Here's his email [email protected]"

Reecard "Matthew in Texas has a NiSi V6 100mm Filter Holder Kit with Enhanced CPL that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected]"

Reecard "Matthew in Texas has a GFX and lenses that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected]"

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Until proven otherwise they are scamming scum ...

They read like the crap suspicious messages I received. They are fraudulent 100%. High value items. Maximum scam opportunity.

I can spot a genuine Chinese buyer (who looks dubious but actually ok) vs a scammer so far.

winetu

[/QUOTE]Reecard "Matthew in Texas has a GFX and lenses that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected]"[/QUOTE]

This one tried with me also, a few minutes ago.

B L

Ha ha ha !
I am also the "lucky" recipient.
Message is like this>>
"Matthew in Texas has a P25 "V" Fit that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected] "

Anyway, I am expecting a delivery of P25 in a day or two from EU.
PS: All scammers must note,that most people on Medium Format forum boards are old retired folks and they are pretty much solid not to part with their money just like that !

Last edited:

Mexecutioner

Ha ha ha !
I am also the "lucky" recipient.
Message is like this>>
"Matthew in Texas has a P25 "V" Fit that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected] "

Anyway, I am expecting a delivery of P25 in a day or two from EU.
PS: All scammers must note,that most people on Medium Format forum boards are old retired folks and they are pretty much solid not to part with their money just like that !
Dumb excuse from this scumbag to say he can't buy it because he is not in the state right now. Pretty much the only thing I don't buy out of state are groceries and toilet paper.

tcdeveau

Reecard "Matthew in Texas has a GFX and lenses that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected]"[/QUOTE]

This one tried with me also, a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

I got a similar message from the same user regarding a WTB ad but didn't bother to respond

PedroL

Be very cautious of anyone messaging you about a WTB (want to buy) item you have posted. I have had 3 PM's for items from 2 different newly registered members. Here are their messages. I know they are scammers. I removed the first part of their email addresses. DO NOT send them ANY money!

Lawson38 "Email Gillson in Texas, He has a NiSi V6 100mm Filter Holder Kit with Enhanced CPL for sale. Here's his email [email protected]"

Reecard "Matthew in Texas has a NiSi V6 100mm Filter Holder Kit with Enhanced CPL that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected]"

Reecard "Matthew in Texas has a GFX and lenses that he wants to part out for a cheaper price but because i'm not in the state right now, i couldn't purchase it from him maybe you should contact it and see if he still have it for sale.Here's his email [email protected]"

Well - his last item is Hasselbad X5 scanner, I had WTB. He seems to have all everyone needs....
Beware!

B L

Well - his last item is Hasselbad X5 scanner, I had WTB. He seems to have all everyone needs....
Beware!
If I put an advert WTB here for one liter lioness milk, I am sure he would recommend me his friend who will milk her.
Anybody fancy hens teeth for collection?