The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Voigtlander Bessa II color heliar 6x9 folding camera, near-mint

EdSawyer

Thinning the herd a bit of some beautiful cameras I just don't use enough.

This is a Voigtlander Bessa II, a 6x9 folding camera using 120 film, and equipped with the 105mm f/3.5 Color Heliar lens - considered the best of the lenses that came on the Bessa series (except for the unobtainium apo-lanthar). Everything is in nice shape, and works great. It's had a full CLA - the viewfinder and rangefinder were cleaned and calibrated. The lens is spotless and the shutter runs great at all speeds. 1/500 however can be finicky - I think the booster spring on the shutter for that speed needs minor tweaking, but I never used that speed so it was a non-issue for me.

The mechanical bits are all smooth and problem-free, the focus, opening-closing mechanism, and film winding mechanism have all been cleaned/lubed and are functioning at 100%. The bellows is light-tight and supple, with no pinholes or problems. This camera is ready to go shooting, with no issues or problems. It includes the original case and strap which I didn't use.

I've had several 6x9 folders, and the Bessa II is the king of all folders in my opinion. The most elegant design and functionality, the best lens and shutter, it's held in the highest regard for a reason. I feel bad not using it much lately, so hopefully it can find a new home where it will get more use.

Looking for $750 for this beauty.

MORE PICTURES HERE!

Thanks for looking!