The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Want To BUY: All Rodenstock HR APO-Sironar Digital lenses

Paul DeMers

I need the Rodenstock HR APO-Sironar Digital lenses, for work with the PhaseOne IQ4 150 Back. They will be used on my Cambo Classic LF system. I want the 120/5.6 Macro-Sironar, the 35/4.5, the 45/4.5, the 105/5.6, the 135/5.6, the 150/5.6 and the 180/5.6. Referrals or let me know if you have one for sale. USA preferred. I can't use any other brand and they must all be HR APO's.

Paul DeMers

I forgot to add that these should all have Copal shutters. An attached Cambo lens board would be an extra, but that is not critical. Face-to-face transfer/cash on receipt preferred. I am in Southern California but can come to you, nation wide, to pick up and to pay off.

Paul DeMers
Owner
The Media Master
www.themediamaster.com

Alkibiades

Hi paul,
all of these lenses that you want to buy are not HR lenses!
real HR lenses are only retrofocus lenses like: 4/35 mm, 23 and 28 mm, 4/32, 40, 50 mm,
5,6/ 70 mm and 5,6/90 mm SW.
With the new phase one back you can use non HR lenses again becouse the new chip has no color cast problems. But you have to know for what you need the lenses, do you need big movement, stiching so the older Apo Sironar digital are gerat, but the HR have better sharpness and resolution espassially at larger apertures.

darr

I have a new in box Rodenstock 45mm/4.5 Apo-Sironar digital Copal 0 available. The lens was purchased weeks before I made the decision to go ALPA and was only tested in the studio on an Arca Swiss M2 camera. Contact me via PM if interested. $2500 OBO.

Kind regards,
Darr

Paul DeMers

Alki,

Thank you. Good catch on the "HR" issue. I just assumed that the APO's were also HR's because the Digaron-S and the W?SW's were HR. Naw Warries. I have been using the Rodenstock PDF to guide me with the charts and the the image circle issues. So, the APO-Sironar lenses are, indeed, not HR's but they will do a marvelous job with my rig.

Now, without seeing any 35/4.5 lens samples, I am curious about the amount of barrel distortions that will be present. The 45/4.5 might be a better fit for some width, but with less distortion.

The APO-Sironar lenses will work with the IQ4 150 PhaseOne Back (53x40), when I need to drop some movements on the lens/back boards. The 70.56 Rodenstock HR-Digaron W/SW has thee missing lens length, from the APO series, and it has a 54x74 image circle. The rest of the HR lenses have 40x54 and 33x44 circles that won't work with the IQ4 sensor.

The APO's will be fine.

Paul DeMers
Owner
The Media Master
[email protected]
www.themediamaster.com

Paul DeMers

Vonalpen,

Thank you for the "heads up" with the HR issue. My bad. I saw and saw and saw the lens designations and listings, in the Rodenstock PDF. But, I did not note that they APO-Sironars were not actually HR lenses. The HR Digaron-S's will have a smaller image circle than I will be able to use, at 33x44. The HR-Digaron W/SW will also have a smaller circle, at 40x54, except for the 70/5.6, which has the 54x74 circle. I have made a note that my APO-Sironars are not HR's. My IQ4 150 sensor will need a 53x40 circle, or larger, for the lens/back movements.

Paul DeMers
Owner
The Media Master
www.themediamaster.com
[email protected]

Paul DeMers

Darr,

Thank you. I am, indeed, interested in your Rodenstock APO-Sironar Digital 45/4.5 lens. I did send you a PM. The price is fine. Where are you located? I may not be able to adjust my shooting schedule, to physically get to you, ASAP. What other method of transfer will work best for you?

Paul DeMers
Owner
The Media Master
www.themediamaster.com
[email protected]

Alkibiades

Hi,
you wrote that the 4,5/35 mm would have distortion,
You mean the 4/35 mm HR, but that is totally different lens,it has distortion as any retrofocus lenses.
but not the 4,5/35mm!
there are two 35mm lenses, one with opening 4 and one with 4,5.
First is retrofocus HR lens, second classic lens with no distorton.

The classic 35 mm, 45 mm, 55 mm have the same lens design and do have no visible distortion.
4/35mm is HR lens, the apo sironar digital 4,5/35 mm have classic lens design based on apo grandagon, same as 45 mm and 55 mm (and same as schneider 35,43,47,60 mm)

Paul DeMers

Alki,

Thank you. You have much more information and knowledge about these fine lenses than I do. I appreciate the information.

I have heard that the Rodenstock APO-Sironar 35mm/4.5 was a wonderful lens, as well as the 55mm/4.5. That is why I want to own all of the APO lenses. Each lens will have it's own character and personality. They are all tools for me. I would love to buy your 35mm/4.5, but I am a bit cautious about buying from Europe. I will prefer to stay within the USA for my purchases. I am very glad to hear that the 35mm/4.5 and the 55mm/4.5 APO-Sironar lenses have so very little distortion. That will help, a lot, in selling my services. Tack sharp and distortion-free. I really do not want to have to spend a lot of time, in Post Production, making a lot of pixel-changing corrections.

One issue that I am seeing is that the Copal shutters are no longer available. I did read that if a Copal needs repair, that there is only one firm, in the USA, that will be able to work on the shutter, without removing it from the actual lens. That one company is called Precision Camera Works. They are in Chicago, USA. https://paulcaldwellphotography.com...real-replacement-solution-has-been-developed/

If the Copal shutter needs to be replaced, the entire lens and shutter will need to be sent back to Rodenstock, if possible (?) for the tear down repair. The shutter will have to be removed, from the lens, and replaced. The whole lens will need to be re-calibrated and re-columated. That could take a couple of months, minimum. Fixing the Copal, on the lens, will cost about $400.00, depending. R/R the Copal, from the whole lens, may be so much more expensive.

So, that is why I am looking for the very newest, almost unused lenses, where possible. I thought that changing a Copal shutter would be a 5-minute process, that I could do, with a new Copal. Not so much.

So. I really appreciate your offer on the 35mm/4.5 lens, but I will respectfully decline and will keep looking.

Paul DeMers
Owner
The Media Master
canada goose jacka online,canada goose jacka kopia
[email protected]

thomasmagno

Alki,

Thank you. You have much more information and knowledge about these fine lenses than I do. I appreciate the information.

I have heard that the Rodenstock APO-Sironar 35mm/4.5 was a wonderful lens, as well as the 55mm/4.5. That is why I want to own all of the APO lenses. Each lens will have it's own character and personality. They are all tools for me. I would love to buy your 35mm/4.5, but I am a bit cautious about buying from Europe. I will prefer to stay within the USA for my purchases. I am very glad to hear that the 35mm/4.5 and the 55mm/4.5 APO-Sironar lenses have so very little distortion. That will help, a lot, in selling my services. Tack sharp and distortion-free. I really do not want to have to spend a lot of time, in Post Production, making a lot of pixel-changing corrections.

One issue that I am seeing is that the Copal shutters are no longer available. I did read that if a Copal needs repair, that there is only one firm, in the USA, that will be able to work on the shutter, without removing it from the actual lens. That one company is called Precision Camera Works. They are in Chicago, USA. https://paulcaldwellphotography.com...real-replacement-solution-has-been-developed/

If the Copal shutter needs to be replaced, the entire lens and shutter will need to be sent back to Rodenstock, if possible (?) for the tear down repair. The shutter will have to be removed, from the lens, and replaced. The whole lens will need to be re-calibrated and re-columated. That could take a couple of months, minimum. Fixing the Copal, on the lens, will cost about $400.00, depending. R/R the Copal, from the whole lens, may be so much more expensive.

So, that is why I am looking for the very newest, almost unused lenses, where possible. I thought that changing a Copal shutter would be a 5-minute process, that I could do, with a new Copal. Not so much.

So. I really appreciate your offer on the 35mm/4.5 lens, but I will respectfully decline and will keep looking.

Paul DeMers
Owner
The Media Master
canada goose jacka online,canada goose jacka kopia
[email protected]
I have a Rodenstock 32mm for sale. Listed a few days ago in this forum.

Paul DeMers

I have a Rodenstock 32mm for sale. Listed a few days ago in this forum.
Is this lens the Rodenstock 35 APO-Sironar, 4.5mm, HR? If so, what is the sale price going to be and where will it be located? How is the Copal shutter? Does it sound appropriate for speed. I'll probably just have Precision take a look at it, for a couple of extra bucks.

You can reply to me, at: [email protected]. 714.334.6332.