The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital 4,5/35 mm 120° in Copal 0, Apo grandagon

Alkibiades

For Sale.
A mint rodenstock lens:
Apo Sironar Digital 4,5/35 mm 120° in Copal 0,
last generation with the pink ring- the first generation had a green one.
It is a Sinar selected lens, so the highest optical quality id guaranted.

it is the digital version of the Apo grandagon, have also the big 120° image circle, so you can use it also for big stiching and for analog film also ( 6x9 cm with movements, 6x12 no movements).
Dont ask me for the condition becouse the lens is like new, it has not be used really.
I am a memeber of this forum for a longer time and was dealing with much guys here, so you will get exactly what i discribe.
i am located in EU, accept paypal, but all fees and shipping are not includet.
price. 950 euro

Alkibiades

I am located in germany.
How extrem you can move with this lens depends on the digital back that you use.
The good news are that the newest backs with the new Sony sensor works perfect with these symetrical lenses, becouse they produce very less color cast.

guphotography

I am located in germany.
How extrem you can move with this lens depends on the digital back that you use.
The good news are that the newest backs with the new Sony sensor works perfect with these symetrical lenses, becouse they produce very less color cast.
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I would be using it with full frame DB (sony sensor) and 6x7 film backs, so I'm mainly concerned about corner performanches on 6x7 at extreme movements, especially compared with APO Grandagon.

I currently have the 45mm and 55mm Apo Sironar Digital, but heard that 35mm doesn't perform on par with those two? Have you any experiences with that?

Alkibiades

Rodenstock Apo Sironar Digital 35, 45 and 55 belong to the same line and lens design.
thay are indeed digital improved Apo Grandagons. The 35 mm has the extem 120° lens design and can even be used for 6x12 cm. At 6x7 and 6x9 you can shift with no problems. I has not seen any sharpness differences between 35 and 45 mm, but the 55 mm is sharper than the both. but this is physicly so, longer lenses are sharper than the extrem wide angle lenses.