The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Schneider Apo Digitar M 5,6/80 mm Macro Copal 0 and focusing mount aperture

Alkibiades

For sale:
2 same lenses in different mounts:

- latest Schneider Apo Digitar M 24° MC 5,6/80 mm in Schneider Aperture ring on Schneider focusing mount
( can be used for extremly fine macro focusing with latest Phase one back, Fuji GFX, Sony a7r-serie, Nikon z7-6,
Panasonic SR1, Leica SL)

- same lens but in Copal 0 shutter. early Apo Digitar M 5,6/80 mm
can be used with all digital back and also Fuji, Sony, Nikon. Panasonic, Leica ...

Condition:
1. Apo Digitar M 24° MC 5,6/80 mm in Schneider Aperture ring on Schneider focusing mount:
- glasses mint, still like new.
- focusing mount works still as it should, very smooth and exact.
- the lens has been use and therefore Traces of use are present. there are visible marks of use outside, on the focusing mount and there are Traces of use on the Filter ring of the front barell. The traces of use are cometic and not on glasses afcourse, and will not have any influance on the image quality. But If you want a lens like new go for the other one.

2. Apo Digitar M 24° MC 5,6/80 mm in Copal shutter:
- the lens is like new and was use only few times. The lens has no sights of usement, it is absolutly mint.
the lens was sold in Schneider Electronic Iris mount: the Digitar name is written on the shutter. becouse the full front lenselement was invisible inside the shutter the digitar name is only on the shutter. Later I sen the lens to Schneider where the lens was mounted in a copal shutter, cost about 150 euro for mounting work. On the barell you see the early name of the lens: Macro Symmar HM- but it is a already digital optimated lens: Digitar. The lens has absolutly the same performance as the letest Apo Digitar that has been made.

Price:
- Apo Digitar M 24° MC 5,6/80 mm in Schneider Aperture ring on Schneider focusing mount: 750 euro
- Apo Digitar M 24° MC 5,6/80 mm in Copal 0 shutter ( I can add the old Schneide iris-shutter for free): 900 euro

The pics will follow. Feel free to ask when something not clear.

Alkibiades

usualy this is possible but this version of this lens is the latest one, where the glasselements are very precize mounted in the mount. They are mounted very strong and I think glued also. You get better results with this lens tan any other 80 mm schneider or rodenstock lens. But it will be hart to move the glasselement out of the mount. possible, yes but not really easy and not usefull. Now you can use it for 150 MP back and also for Sony A7rIV, Fuji GFX100 with perfect quality...

Alkibiades

bumb
the copal version is sold,
the one in schneider aperture ring with focusing mount is still avaiable.

MarkDS

Hello Alkibiades, Two things: I'd like to know whether the lens in the Schneider aperture ring with focusing mount is still available. Secondly, I already have one of these lenses - same spec as you report, but mounted in a German Compur shutter which seems very robust to lots of use; it does not have a focusing mount which could be useful, maybe. You mention the lens is usable with a Sony a7Riv, which is what I have. Do you know whether there is much variation in the quality of these lenses from one piece to another of the same spec?

Alkibiades

first of all: yes , the lens is still avaiable.
second: compur is a great shutter but there is no apo digitar that was ever build by Schneider in a compur shutter. for best image quality you need a lens that is original buil in a shutter by Schneider.
In my case the lens is original buil in and glued- so nobody can change the glasses. only schneider is able to do this.
This fact will deliver you the best optical quality that the lens can achieve.
the lens will work well with the sony a7r IV, no question about that.
the focusing mount will deliver extremly fine focusing posibilities that no camera can do.

MarkDS

first of all: yes , the lens is still avaiable.
second: compur is a great shutter but there is no apo digitar that was ever build by Schneider in a compur shutter. for best image quality you need a lens that is original buil in a shutter by Schneider.
In my case the lens is original buil in and glued- so nobody can change the glasses. only schneider is able to do this.
This fact will deliver you the best optical quality that the lens can achieve.
the lens will work well with the sony a7r IV, no question about that.
the focusing mount will deliver extremly fine focusing posibilities that no camera can do.
Thanks for that- I was wondering about the Compur shutter mount, because all the others I've ever seen for sale were in a Copal 0. Of course the one I own is used, so I can only assume that whoever pre-owned it remounted it into this shutter, for whatever reason. The lens has all the relevant Schneider markings on it it and I recall now verifying with Schneider that the serial number is a Schneider serial number. So it would have to have been a very elaborate ruse to fake this. All that said, I don't need any shutter for what I am doing (film digitizing) but the fine-focus ring could make a lot of sense. BTW I am in Canada, and I don't know whether you are willing to export to Canada. We can talk further privately if you can send me a private mail through this Forum. Regards, Mark