The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Technical camera landscape kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, 120ASPH, 180HR, more

anlerman

For Sale: The complete technical camera landscape kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, 120ASPH, 180HR, accessories

A difficult decision, but I am looking to sell my technical camera landscape kit.

This includes the Phase One IQ3 100 digital back which was, along with all of the lenses, originally acquired via our good friends at Capture Integration. There are 3,841 shots on the digital back and the latest firmware is installed. The back is clean, without any defects and produces beautiful and stunning images. All of the lenses are similarly clean, without defects and have been stored in protective pouches and a hard case. I have used the back solely in combination with the Cambo WRS-1200 technical camera for my professional landscape photography work. Those at Capture Integration, as well as several members of the GetDPI community, know me well and can speak to my background as well as the care that I take of my equipment. You can also view my website for the type of imagery I have created with this kit.

The package includes:

Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging (large Pelican Case),
7 batteries with Watson dual battery charger, Kapture Group Oneshot Cable Release and Hahnel Remote Shutter Release with ES Cable Adapter.
Price: $15,000

Cambo WRS-1200 Wide RS Body with Cambo Rear Plate for M645 Interface.
Price: $2,000

Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
Price: $9,000

Schneider Center Filter for Rodenstock 32mm HR
Price: $ 750

Schneider 60mm XL Digitar L lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
Price: $6,000

Schneider Center Filter IIh for Schneider 60XL
Price: $225

Rodenstock 90mm HR Digaron-SW lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
Price: $7,500

Schneider 120mm Digitar N ASPH Short Barrel with Cambo Tilt/shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
Price: $5,000

Rodenstock 180mm Digaron HR-S Short Barrel with regular Cambo Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
Price: $5,500

I have been told this is the holy grail of landscape kits. All I can say is that it is amazing to work with and, using proper technique, takes incredible images. The condition of everything is near excellent. All lenses have sought after Copal 0 shutters. With potential tariffs looming on imported lenses, the prices are well below market price.
For anyone interested in purchasing the entire package I would reduce the package price to $46,500.

Shipment is via insured FedEx or UPS ground within CONUS. If in the NYC metro area, I will personally deliver to you.

Payment by wire transfer preferred. Other payment methods would be considered.
If you have any questions, or would like additional photos, please feel free to PM or send an email to me.

Although I am not a frequent poster, I have been a long-time member of the forum.

Thank you for considering this purchase.

Andy

Tech Cam package.jpg

DSCF5983.jpg

DSCF5982.jpg

DSCF5985.jpg

DSCF5999.jpg

DSCF5996.jpg

DSCF5993.jpg

DSCF5990.jpg

DSCF5986.jpg

Pemihan

Holy crap, that's an impressive kit and at least two of the lenses, SK60XL and SK120 ASPH, are almost impossible to find. They rarely come on the second hand market and have been out of production for years as Schneider has ceased making large format lenses. I own both and they are stellar lenses!

Peter

Last edited:

anlerman

The Rodenstock 180HR-S is sold. As previously posted, the Schneider 120 ASPH, the center filter for the 32HR and the center filter for the 60XL are also all sold.

Here is what is still available:

Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging (large Pelican Case),
7 batteries with Watson dual battery charger, Kapture Group Oneshot Cable Release and Hahnel Remote Shutter Release with ES Cable Adapter.
Price: $15,000

Cambo WRS-1200 Wide RS Body with Cambo Rear Plate for M645 Interface.
Price: $2,000

Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
Price: $9,000

Schneider 60mm XL Digitar L lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.
Price: $6,000

Rodenstock 90mm HR Digaron-SW lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.
Price: $7,500

For anyone interested in purchasing the entirety of the remaining package I would reduce the package price to $36,500.

Thanks

Andy

TheDude

Interesting to note the strong interest for the Schneider 120 ASPH. I am myself looking for this lens.

May I ask why you are getting out of the technical camera business. Too heavy, too little use?

anlerman

A not surprising number of people were looking into this lens. It will now have a new home.

Several people have asked the same question as you raised.

The answer to your question and the decision to sell my technical camera system is both difficult and simple. I love my gear. I love everything about a technical camera. The method, the process, the slow pace, the movements and the need to really think about what you want the image's story to tell. That is why I especially enjoy teaching how to use a technical camera. No Photoshop, get everything you need in the field, and hopefully in one shot. You really become a part of your imagery. If you visit my website, I think you will understand what I am talking about. So the hard and difficult thing, for me, is parting with the tech cam experience.

I do a fair amount of international travel as well as back country hiking. It's easy for my "light" pack to tip 40-50 pounds. I can handle the weight. But traveling internationally and trying to carry all, and I mean all, of my gear onto the plane is rapidly becoming a losing proposition. The airlines are becoming increasingly difficult. I will not check my equipment into the bowels of the plane. Too many bad experiences. People say take less stuff but that is not how I operate. I'd rather have something and not use it than need something and not have it. Same thing with back country hiking. 10 miles trekking on a rough trail or in a river and it gets a little weary. When I have to drive to a location up and down the east side of the country (where I live), that's no problem. But that is not the bulk of my work. So, the simple answer, albeit a sad one is I need to find a somewhat lighter, efficient, and more well rounded alternative. I sell large fine art prints, so I will still be in the high megapixel world, just not a tech cam, which I will certainly and sorely miss. There's no right or wrong here, just deciding on what is best overall for one's method of work.

Thanks for asking.

Andy

Interesting to note the strong interest for the Schneider 120 ASPH. I am myself looking for this lens.

May I ask why you are getting out of the technical camera business. Too heavy, too little use?

TheDude

... The answer to your question and the decision to sell my technical camera system is both difficult and simple. I love my gear. I love everything about a technical camera. The method, the process, the slow pace, the movements and the need to really think about what you want the image's story to tell. That is why I especially enjoy teaching how to use a technical camera. No Photoshop, get everything you need in the field, and hopefully in one shot. You really become a part of your imagery. If you visit my website, I think you will understand what I am talking about. So the hard and difficult thing, for me, is parting with the tech cam experience.

I do a fair amount of international travel as well as back country hiking. It's easy for my "light" pack to tip 40-50 pounds. ... But traveling internationally and ... back country hiking. 10 miles trekking on a rough trail or in a river and it gets a little weary. ... So, the simple answer, albeit a sad one is I need to find a somewhat lighter, efficient, and more well rounded alternative ...

Thanks for asking.

Andy
And thanks for answering.

I am facing precisely the same conundrum. Anything less than a technical camera is a compromise but lugging heavy equipment is physically exhausting and I noted that at a certain point I simply stop taking photographs.

My current approach is to have a second, lightweight kit for travel and hiking. Instead of Linhof Techno a Silvestri Flexicam, instead of four Digaron-(S)W three Apo-Sironar Digital HR, and a true lightweight tripod (Three Legged Thing Anarchy Punks Brian).

Would love to make an offer on the 32mm since it would perfectly complement my 50 and 90mm Digaron-(S)W, but it would be another two pounds!

(Don’t want to hijack your sales thread any further.)

MN

anlerman

No harm done :)

For landscapes, and it is totally a style thing, I think the 50 is a focal length in search of a place. I prefer to get low and close in on my landscapes (see my website), so the 32HR is the right balance of angle of view and compression. Plus its optics are as good as it gets. The 50, and again stylistically, was never wide enough for me for landscapes and not enough focal length to act as a "normal" lens. It's all about how we see things, there's no perfect answer and that is why we have such a wonderful selection of lenses to choose from.

You can always offset the extra two pounds of the 32HR with a lighter bag :) After all, this is Dante's Place.

Thanks,

Andy

And thanks for answering.

I am facing precisely the same conundrum. Anything less than a technical camera is a compromise but lugging heavy equipment is physically exhausting and I noted that at a certain point I simply stop taking photographs.

My current approach is to have a second, lightweight kit for travel and hiking. Instead of Linhof Techno a Silvestri Flexicam, instead of four Digaron-(S)W three Apo-Sironar Digital HR, and a true lightweight tripod (Three Legged Thing Anarchy Punks Brian).

Would love to make an offer on the 32mm since it would perfectly complement my 50 and 90mm Digaron-(S)W, but it would be another two pounds!

(Don’t want to hijack your sales thread any further.)

MN

TheDude

I think the 50 is a focal length in search of a place. I prefer to get low and close in on my landscapes (see my website), so the 32HR is the right balance of angle of view and compression.
The 50mm Digaron-W (like the 32mm Digaron-W) can be used on the 36x24mm, 44x33mm, and 54x40mm sized sensor. Has on these sensor sizes the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm (obviously), 40mm, and 32mm, respectively.

I do agree, especially if shifting and/or stitching on a 645 format sensor, the 32mm Digaron-W is a very unique lens.

MN

anlerman

FS: PRICE DROP Technical camera kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, accessories

Price drop for the remaining items:

1) Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging (large Pelican Case),
7 batteries with dual battery charger, Kapture Group Oneshot Cable Release and Hahnel Remote Shutter Release with ES Cable Adapter.

Price: $14,500

2) Cambo WRS-1200 Wide RS Body with Cambo Rear Plate for M645 Interface.

Price: $1,750

3) Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.

Price: $8,500

4) Schneider 60mm XL Digitar L lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter.

Price: $5,500

5) Rodenstock 90mm HR Digaron-SW lens with Cambo Tilt/Shift Lenspanel and Copal 0 Shutter. Includes Spacer.

Price: $7,000

If anyone is interested in the entire package, the price would be further reduced to $32,500.

As stated in the original post, these items are in impeccable condition. All the lenses have Copal 0 shutters and have tilt/shift lens panels. Compared to prices of new items, this is quite a bargain.

Enjoy the holiday

Andy

TheDude

Re: FS: PRICE DROP Technical camera kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, accessories

Phase One IQ3 100 with sensor cover, original packaging ... $14,500

This is a quite an attractive price for a very capable digital back especially when considering how much the IQ3 cost when released.

(Scary how prices dropped on used P1 digital backs!)

Last edited:

anlerman

Re: FS: PRICE DROP Technical camera kit: IQ3-100, 32HR, 60XL, 90HR, accessories

It's a great price for everything, not just the IQ3 !! :)

Andy

This is a quite an attractive price for a very capable digital back especially when considering how much the IQ3 cost when released.

(Scary how prices dropped on used P1 digital backs!)