The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Leica black dot

Jma

Anyone have spare one available that they would be willing to part with? (It's for an M6TTL)

They used to be available to buy from multiple outlets online but unfortunately no more.

Jma

DAG's all out of black dots and Leica USA won't sell him any more. Same with Leitax. Apparently Leica doesn't want black dots going on cameras they weren't intended for.

Anyway, I ended up finding a company in Hong Kong that offers repainted black dots (i.e. original red dots that were painted black) but am hesitant to buy one because a) they're somewhat pricey and b) I'm thinking it'll probably look a bad if the black paint wears off. And finally, it's not that big a deal and I'm fine with the red dot.

That being said, if anyone has an unused one left of the original black dots that were sold by DAG or Leitax, I'm definitely interested.

JeffK

Black electrical tape works well too.

DAG's all out of black dots and Leica USA won't sell him any more. Same with Leitax. Apparently Leica doesn't want black dots going on cameras they weren't intended for.

Anyway, I ended up finding a company in Hong Kong that offers repainted black dots (i.e. original red dots that were painted black) but am hesitant to buy one because a) they're somewhat pricey and b) I'm thinking it'll probably look a bad if the black paint wears off. And finally, it's not that big a deal and I'm fine with the red dot.

That being said, if anyone has an unused one left of the original black dots that were sold by DAG or Leitax, I'm definitely interested.