The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rare Voigtlander 180/4 APO Lanthar SL for m42 mount

ggibson

I'm feeling out selling my Voigtlander 180/4 APO Lanthar SL for m42 mount. I bought this lens to have an ultra small telephoto for hiking/travel, but with young kids I can't use it as much as I'd like. It is truly tiny for a 180mm lens, with 49mm filter thread and only weighing 485g. You can see some pictures on the camera in my album below. Despite the size, this lens performs very well, and even has a decent close-focus ability. From what I understand only around 2,000 were ever made, so it's quite rare. Being a unique combination of small size and high image quality, these are getting harder to find now that people like me are seeking small lenses to adapt to small mirrorless setups. Some of the pros/cons in this review here.

My copy is in excellent condition, as you can see in the image below with m42 to sony e-mount adapter. It includes the original box and manuals, and Voigtlander rear cap but basic front cap (not pictured, but I can add more images later).

I'm asking $1200 paypal'd and shipped, but open to reasonable offers.

Album of some images I've taken with this lens:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/albums/72157693854856694