The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Schneider Kreuznach 120 f/5.6 APO Digitar ASPH

akaru

Preferably in Cambo mount but naked or in lens board is fine. May consider other mounts as well. I've missed the opportunity on two of these recently, and it's driving me nuts. I have been searching far and wide for a long while. Let me know even if you're thinking about selling at some point.

Willing to pay top dollar for any working one in Cambo mount, even with broken shutter. As long as I can get f8 on it, I'm good!

Last edited:

alvinjamur

Preferably in Arca R mount but naked or in lens board is fine. May consider other mounts as well. I've missed the opportunity on two of these recently, and it's driving me nuts. I have been searching far and wide for a long while. Let me know even if you're thinking about selling at some point.

Willing to pay top dollar for any working one in R mount, even with broken shutter. As long as I can get f8 on it, I'm good!

PM sent.....

TheDude

Maybe someone at Rodenstock reads this, and makes them to develop a lightweight, reasonably priced 120mm or 135mm focal length lens!
Meant to say that there is apparently a high demand for the 120 f/5.6 APO Digitar ASPH (I am looking too).

Shame that Rodenstock never released a Digaron-S lens filling the gap between the 100mm and 180mm Digaron-S.

The Digaron-SW 138mm is a very different animal. I see its purpose mainly as a macro lens.

Steve Hendrix

Meant to say that there is apparently a high demand for the 120 f/5.6 APO Digitar ASPH (I am looking too).

Shame that Rodenstock never released a Digaron-S lens filling the gap between the 100mm and 180mm Digaron-S.

The Digaron-SW 138mm is a very different animal. I see its purpose mainly as a macro lens.

Why do you see the 138mm as mainly a macro lens?

Steve Hendrix/CI

TheDude

Why do you see the 138mm as mainly a macro lens?
Because it was obviously designed to fill the slot vacated by the discontinued 120mm Apo-Macro-Sironar digital. For non-macro, no optical floating design would be have been necessary.

Probably also intended to fill the focal length slot vacated by the discontinued 135mm (non-macro) Apo-Sironar digital. (135mm is also the middle between Digaron-SW 90mm and Digaron-S 180mm.)

vjbelle

I have no intentions of using the 138 float for Macro but instead for landscapes. I'm sure the optics will be stellar for that purpose. It will allow me to cease using both my 120 Digitar Asph and 150 Digitar. As stellar as both of those lenses are neither is in the league of the 138 float which will more than likely never see an f-stop beyond f6.5. My three travel lenses will more than likely be the Schneider 60mm XL, Rody SW 90mm and the 138 float. It's rare for me to need wider than the 60mm and if needed I can shift some portrait images and get as wide as 45mm.

Victor B.

akaru

So two members here have received the following email from DT:
We have a new Schneider 120mm f/5.6 Apo-Digitar Aspherical lens in stock for $3,200 and we can ship within the US for $10. If you'd rather us ship internationally, I can get back to you on the shipping/customs costs if you provide your shipping address.
Then, when ready to buy:
We are selling the $3200 120 lens when purchased with an X-shutter which is $5k so the total is $8K+
Then:
I am sorry we do not have the 120 ASPH lenses available any longer.
What am I missing? Is this Ticketmaster? Some kind of hazing ritual, where I have to join a cult to buy this lens or something?

cuida1991

Yeah... I also asked DT about that availability. It was a huge pity that that lens has to come with X-shutter, which is more expensive than the lens itself!

akaru

It’s a shame. But may still be worth it for many, such as in my case where I’d use it in a view camera for macro with strobes. but when I said I’d buy it, then they send me to another person who wants to call me to discuss. Only to tell me that they actually don’t have any for sale. And this is twice this has happened to me. That is shady.

asebian

I know this comes almost 3 years late but if you are still interested I know a guy in Austria who has one available for sale.

Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar L-60° Asph MC 5.6/120
Copal Shutter
Sinar P3 lens board

Last edited: