The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica APO Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm ASPH

Jay Emm

One of the greatest lenses from Leica, which I am offering for sale due to a need for cash.

Leica M Mount Lens: APO Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm ASPH
8 Elements in 5 Groups
1 Floating Element
Minimum Focus Distance: 70cm
Filter Thread: 39mm

Purchased new in Australia. One owner. Seldom used, mint condition. Genuine Reason for sale.
Retails new in Australia for $11,200. I am offering this for sale at AUD $6200 (approx 3850 Euro, or 4300 USD)
This is my first sale here, but if interested in my reputation as a seller, my eBay profile is j-plane5000

From Leica…

The Leica APO Summicron-M 1:2/50 mm ASPH. has exceptional correction abilities that enable all aberrations to be reduced to a minimum level. Its key features include excellent contrast rendition, all the way to the corners of the image, even with a fully open aperture. The use of a "floating element" ensures that this is retained, even for close-up shots. Distortion is very low at a maximum of just 0.4 % (pin cushion), which is practically imperceptible. A total of eight lens elements are used to achieve this exceptional performance. The aspherical surface of the first lens in the rear group helps to reduce spherical aberration and flatten the image field. While the optical construction in front of the aperture is a Gaussian type, the arrangement of the lens elements behind it is similar to that in the Summilux-M 1:1.4/35 mm ASPH. This group comprises a "floating element", which is moved independently of the rest of the construction during focusing.

The new field depth - with the new APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH. our engineers have set new standards in imaging performance. This is the first lens ever to fully exploit the capabilities of modern high-resolution camera systems, making no compromises in image sharpness and achieving previously unattainable values in all technical performance characteristics.
Technical details - Even at full aperture, there is no fall-off at the edges in the MTF curves. Furthermore, the finest details are rendered with more than 50% contrast, enabling sharp images with superb corner-to-corner detail rendition in all photographic situations. The apochromatic correction of the lens minimizes chromatic aberration to ensure natural rendition of every detail.

1c.jpg2c.jpg3c.jpg4c.jpg5c.jpg