The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: F-Stop LOKA regular Backpack with 2 f-stop gear ICUs

kdphotography

For sale: F-Stop gear Loka backpack---this is not the UltraLight, but still pretty light. I actually like this design better as it has more compartments and pockets than the UltraLight version. Backpack is in very good condition and has two small f-stop ICUs inside.

$80 shipped to you CONUS.

PM me here.

Ken

2020-03-04 12.24.36.jpg2020-03-04 12.22.41.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
HAHahahahah! It is mine! Soon, my f-stop gear collection will be COMPLETE, and I will rule the world. (That is why we buy so many camera bags, right? To rule the world? No? Damn.)

Actually, this was the first bag I ever ordered from them, but it was long backordered. I got the Tilopa BC instead, and was deeply jealous of Graham's Loka on the Death Valley Workshop.

I've been using the Loka UL for a while, but, while it is indeed light, it feels a bit too minimal. Small zippers, no pockets. And so I'm glad to finally get the bag I always wanted. Yep. That's it. No more bags for me. I'm done. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Positive feedback for the awesome Ken will be posted to the appropriate place. Wherever THAT is... :cool:

Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Congratulations!

I still miss my Loka ... I was almost as sad about the loss of mine as the camera gear and favorite Bellingham photo vest when my Alpa kit got stolen :cry:

You’ll enjoy this better than the Loka UL I’m sure. I did the same and picked the UL as a replacement but it never really fitted the bill for me. :thumbup:

jng

Alas, now I really have a case of FOMO for not grabbing Ken's Loka to replace my Loka UL when I had the chance, but these unused camera bags are starting to take over the house. The trouble with tribbles!

I suppose I could have stored the UL inside my (unused) Tilopa, like Russian dolls...

John

kdphotography

Alas, now I really have a case of FOMO for not grabbing Ken's Loka to replace my Loka UL when I had the chance, but these unused camera bags are starting to take over the house. The trouble with tribbles!

I suppose I could have stored the UL inside my (unused) Tilopa, like Russian dolls...

John
Your wife would have found it.

Not a big deal---probably only cost you a new saddle for her horse. It'd be kinda twisted if you got her to trim out all the horse accessories in matching Phase One blue... :ROTFL:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Congratulations!

I still miss my Loka ... I was almost as sad about the loss of mine as the camera gear and favorite Bellingham photo vest when my Alpa kit got stolen :cry:

You’ll enjoy this better than the Loka UL I’m sure. I did the same and picked the UL as a replacement but it never really fitted the bill for me. :thumbup:
It's a delicate balance. Most days, I'm using a Guru UL with either an X-H1 kit or a 2 lens GFX kit. But the Loka is just more comfortable in any circumstance, and doesn't look quite as serious as the Atlas packs. With a Leica S or GFX three or four lens kit, or, God forbid, a tripod, it will be interesting to compared the Loka with the small Atlas. I've been using the heavy waist belt on the smaller Atlas, and while it's very comfortable, it takes up a lot of room on a bus or subway. I think I'm going back to medium belt on the small Atlas and heavy belt on the big one. Of course, the big one would require enough gear to further damage my knees, so it may be more aspirational than useful.

jng

Your wife would have found it.

Not a big deal---probably only cost you a new saddle for her horse. It'd be kinda twisted if you got her to trim out all the horse accessories in matching Phase One blue... :ROTFL:
Actually after the recent influx of TP, there's no room in the house for any more bags... :ROTFL:

jng

It's a delicate balance. Most days, I'm using a Guru UL with either an X-H1 kit or a 2 lens GFX kit. But the Loka is just more comfortable in any circumstance, and doesn't look quite as serious as the Atlas packs. With a Leica S or GFX three or four lens kit, or, God forbid, a tripod, it will be interesting to compared the Loka with the small Atlas. I've been using the heavy waist belt on the smaller Atlas, and while it's very comfortable, it takes up a lot of room on a bus or subway. I think I'm going back to medium belt on the small Atlas and heavy belt on the big one. Of course, the big one would require enough gear to further damage my knees, so it may be more aspirational than useful.
Even accounting for the different loads they carry, I find the Guru UL to be more comfortable than the Loka UL - for whatever reason it's just a better fit for me. But these are not even first world problems, after all...

John

Geoff

Favorite bag of all. Most comfortable, can carry lots or snug right down for flights, even the cheap ones w small allowance.