The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica MP 0.72 Black Paint and Lenses (AUS)

Pelorus

This is a preliminary notice that the following is for sale. I will finalise pricing and pictures and update this thread accordingly over the next couple of days. In the meantime if you have any interest in any of the items, please don't hesitate to PM.

1. Leica MP 0.72 Black Paint analogue rangefinder. Condition is good - well cared for but with some brassing. No box or papers.

2. Leica Elmarit M 1:2.8/21mm Asph + Leica Viewfinder + Lens hood and caps + OEM Lens case, box and papers (Black), excellent condition

3. Leitz Canada Summicron M 35mm with caps (this is the version with the small focus lever) (Black), good condition for age

4. Leitz Canada Tele-Elmarit M 90mm with rear cap (Black), good condition for age

Pricing on some of this gear is difficult, so any pointers would be gratefully accepted.

Pelorus

OK, so pricing is difficult on these items, here's my take so far. If you think I've got it wrong, please flick me a PM with your views and the evidence.

Photos to follow.

1. Leica MP 0.72 Black Paint analogue rangefinder. Condition is good - well cared for but with some brassing. No box or papers. USD$pending

2. Leica Elmarit M 1:2.8/21mm Asph + Leica Viewfinder + Lens hood and caps + OEM Lens case, box and papers (Black), excellent condition. From serial number a 1998 build. USD$2,250

3. Leitz Canada Summicron M 35mm with caps (this is the version with the small focus lever - the 6 element version) (Black), good condition for age. From the serial number it is a 1976 lens. USD$1,400 (There seems to be a variation in price from around $1,300 to over $2,000 with a cluster around $1,600-1,800 for these lenses. I've struck a low mid-point.)

4. Leitz Canada Tele-Elmarit M 90mm with rear cap (Black), good condition for age. From the serial number this is a 1977 build. This is a little gem of a portrait lens and a bit of a steal. There are a few reviews of this lens around and they are generally complimentary. It's a bit of a favourite of mine because of its size, weight and reach. USD$450

All prices net to me. All prices sensibly negotiable.

Last edited:

Pelorus

Photos - All photos are in Flickr Albums

35mm Summicron

21mm Elmarit Asph

90mm Tele Elmarit

Leica Film MP

I'm the world's worst product photographer!!

A couple of notes. The MP has some barely visible marks on the top plate between the word Leica and the hot shoe. They don't show in the photo but they are small dull marks. They may polish out, I haven't tried. The MP also has tape on the ends to prevent scratching from the strap. That tape has been there since new and shows in the photos. The bottom plate is perfect. There is some brassing on the camera, however it's very limited, no scratches or dings.

The lenses all have UV filters on them and have had since I owned them. They will come with the filters. I can see no signs of fungus or haze in the lenses. The 35 'cron has some colour change in the anodising on the focus and aperture rings. This happened with older anodising and it shows as a slight bronze tint.

The 21mm comes with the Leica 21mm viewfinder pictured.

If sold at the asking price the MP comes with a 1.25 diopter if you want it. Otherwise that is also for sale.

Please ask any questions here or by PM.

Pricing for the MP:

1. Leica MP 0.72 Black Paint analogue rangefinder. Condition is good - well cared for but with some brassing. No box or papers. USD$3500

Pricing is net to me and does not include shipping.

With all of the pricing please feel quite free to correct me if you think I've made errors or to make an offer. I won't be offended by sensible offers.

As always with my sales the goal is to strike the right balance between a return for my investment and getting these into the hands of someone else who will enjoy them and use them.

Pelorus

Bump this up. As always with my sales I'm happy to discuss reasonable offers so that others may enjoy the gear. Talk to me...

Pelorus

I've had a couple of kind offers of trades...This sale is about downsizing! I really don't want a trade. If you had a SK 120 in perfect condition in Alpa mount I might think about it, or perhaps something that I might be encouraged to consider in the Fuji GFX line up. :)

Otherwise no trades please!

All items still available.

tjv

I've always wanted an MP. I regret the day I sold my Leica gear, I truly loved all of it. If I had the money I'd send you an offer, but alas...

Good luck with the sale!

Pelorus

Up it goes...I really am open to sensible offers on all items. You could be spending lock down time with your new MP or lens :p

Pelorus

Bump. If you are interested in any of this gear amidst the current global chaos...make me an offer.

Please don't ask me to make an offer against myself :D Just make me an offer, I'll reject it if I think it's insufficient, but please don't go lowball either.

Let's get this gear into someone's hands so they can use it!!

guardado1213

Bump. If you are interested in any of this gear amidst the current global chaos...make me an offer.

Please don't ask me to make an offer against myself :D Just make me an offer, I'll reject it if I think it's insufficient, but please don't go lowball either.

Let's get this gear into someone's hands so they can use it!!
What is still available? I'm interested in the Leica MP Body