The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD- IQ4150 Achromatic due to failing eyesight

algrove

First and foremost this is my favorite kit out of all of the kits I have ever owned. When I can see well enough it is a pleasure to use, but failing eyesight makes using this kit a chore for me not to mention just plain walking to many locations.

Yes eyesight is more valuable than most realize since it is normally a given. Just typing on this computer has become a challenge since it seems every other word I now get wrong.

The Achromatic IQ4150 Phase One digital back:

It was delivered in April of last year with 218 images on it since I asked Brad at CI to calibrate the new back well (i.e. re-shim it) to the Alpa adapter used and while doing that I also wanted some tests done with various color filters (486+091+040, etc plus IR filters since Phase Achromatic backs have a clear glass over the sensor lending themselves well to IR photography) on it in order to see the impact each filter and combination of filters might have on pin point focus. He spent the better part of one entire day doing this for me. Terrific guy.

So I have taken around 2300 images and love each and every one. Of course all the stuff that comes with a Phase back including the IQ4 case/charger/cables etc plus 8 additional Phase batteries since it came with 2 Phase batteries.

Pricing

As you might know the back costs $53K retail. Since it is used, even though ever so slightly, I must suffer the consequences so I am looking to sell it at a $15k loss or $38k. This is in line with those I have contacted who sold their color IQ4's for $35k for a $15k loss (color IQ4150 sells for $50k) but those other backs had much more use than mine.

My back has no problems and functions as new.

In addition I will be selling all of my Alpa gear--STC with black grip/Phase adapter plate with shim kit/SB17mm tilt adapter/SB34mm tilt adapter/17mm fixed adapter plus 5 lenses:
SB HR40/SB HR70/SB S-K 90au/SB S-K150/SB S-K210.
All lenses have HPF rings. The 90au comes with a meter ring. In 2019 each and every lens was sent to Alpa in CH and asked that they have either Rodenstock or Schneider-Kreuznach recalibrate and update them to any new specs if available. That is why the HR40 and HR70 lenses have gold rings. These lenses are immaculate except for the 210 which I now see has some slight marks on the lens barrel even though it performs perfectly.

Kindly let me have your thoughts or any questions. I will be posting images soon. Thanks.

Lou Foubare (algrove on getDPI)

I have been an active contributor to this website for many enjoyable years and plan on continuing this practice.

Last edited:

Massive Si

I cant buy your back unfortunately, but I do want to offer sympathy for the sale

My eyesight is also not what it was, so I completely empathize. It's tough knowing the passion passtime (or job) has limited life left in it

I am now having to rethink my retirement activities. Still, on the plus side, the wife gets better looking every day :ROTFL:

algrove

I am suspending this sale for about 60 days until virus cases around me abate. Thanks for your understanding as just going out to ship items can cause harm with shelter in place warnings.

akaru

Did this ever end up selling? I know we chatted some about it as I was interested. But I hope you found a way to keep using it!

JeffK

... and this is why folks should delete or update their FS ads after the item is sold or paused. Poor @akaru is hoping for a chance at something that sold to another member months ago...

but luckily, he still has a chance to get an...

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 3.12.15 PM.png

Last edited: