The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Minolta Compact Bellows + Macro Auto Bellows 100mm Cone Lens

raminolta

i) Minolta Auto Bellows 100mm macro lens: the is the cone lens with better image quality and large image circle so that it can also be used with tilt/shift bellows. The lens is in great shape despite its age. I don't see any optical flaw and the aperture ring is smooth. The body is also in very good shape.
ii) Minolta Compact Bellows: probably the most compact bellows out there.
iii) A Minolta Extension Tube
iv) some additional items. See below.

This combo setup makes for a compact portable and light bellows setup. I have carried it into the field just like a macro lens. It provides near to 1:1 magnification but is lighter and more compact than typical macro lenses in the 100mm range. For example, even with the Minolta MD to Sony Nex adapter, the setup is lighter than the Sony 90mm G macro lens. It also has the advantage of longer minimum working distance compared to the Sony lens making it more suitable for photographing insects.

You will also receive the rear and front lens caps. Included items as bonus: 55mm UV protective filter and a lens mount adapter to attached this filter to the lens. The original lens cap is missing but I am including a third party lens cap A lens pouch for the cone lens is also included. These additional items are not in good shape: pouch is old and worn out and the filter's glass is wobbly in its place.

Asking Price: US$300 or CAD$380 + shipping.

Interested people please send me a PM. I am located in Canada. I consider trades against one of the Laowa macro lenses (14mm, 25mm or, 100mm) as I want to explore alternative setups and higher magnifications.

A9_7576.jpgA9_7574.jpgA9_7577.jpg

Last edited:

camping

Does this bellow have a focusing system or is there focusing in the lens? Or fixed focus at 1:1?
Thanks,
Paul

raminolta

Does this bellow have a focusing system or is there focusing in the lens? Or fixed focus at 1:1?
Thanks,
Paul
Focusing is done through the bellows itself as it expands and contracts. The minimum focusing distance is attained by expanding the bellows to its maximum length. For focusing moving insects, I set the bellows to a fixed length and lock it up. Then I move the bellows back and forth to achieve the focus. This is the technique that many (or most) insect shooters use regardless of the lens. I do the same even with the Sony 90mm G AF macro lens as otherwise, AF is slow and may keep hunting as extreme close distances.

Here's an example of a picture taken with this combo. The picture is taken using Sony A7r iii and is not cropped at post. The aphid was about 1mm-1.5mm long.

SR_04849s.jpg