The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Stay Away from Scammers!

braver

Shortly after posting a WTB request, I started receiving PMs. They come from a member with 0 posts, created a few days ago.

They say that some other guy has what you need, and ask to email.

The email guy asks for your shipping details. They have 0 track record, and ask you to pay via PP FF. I googled the PP and it was marked as that from a fraudster on a Toyota forum with multiple random names associated with it. The IP was traced to Nigeria and indeed their contact time indicates it'd be a good time to start scams from Lagos.

Obviously this is a proliferating problem and very easy t control -- do not send any details, ask for track record, etc.

Are there any moderators on this forum? I reported the fake members and hope they will be taken down quickly.

darr

These scammers certainly spend a lot of time on this stuff! I mean I never said or advertised I was looking for a 6x17 RFB, I already have one. But I have been active recently on this forum discussing the format and some of the 6x17 tools with others. Darn, these folks actually read the threads and then compose emails to try and get you to think they are being a friendly deal maker.

I turned my PM system back on recently, but now I am going to turn it off indefinitely.
If you need to get in touch with me via email, please go through my website contact page.

Stay safe everyone!

Darr

Knorp

These scammers certainly spend a lot of time on this stuff! I mean I never said or advertised I was looking for a 6x17 RFB, I already have one. But I have been active recently on this forum discussing the format and some of the 6x17 tools with others. Darn, these folks actually read the threads and then compose emails to try and get you to think they are being a friendly deal maker.

I turned my PM system back on recently, but now I am going to turn it off indefinitely.
If you need to get in touch with me via email, please go through my website contact page.

Stay safe everyone!

Darr
Rather funny, this "smikky" character became member here just two hours ago ....

Screenshot 2020-05-27 at 12.49.14.png

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I had the same experience . STEP ONE ..always check the posters history . I told him to get lost we all know he is a scammer .