The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Focotar 40mm / APO Componon HM 40mm

Hi all,

Recently acquired two Focomat V35s; one complete with Heiland split grade and all modules and the other for parts missing a few bits. I would like to restore the second unit and dedicate it to colour printing, I have fixed the electrical issues and will need to machine a new lamp holder but unfortunately the lens was pinched!

So I am after a good replacement 40mm either the original focotar or an APO lens (machining a new cam would be another fun project). No rush on this one so will wait for a good deal, let me know if you have anything!

Cheers

camping

Interesting to machine the cam.

Do not have my unit on hand but if I remember well the lens serial number is hand written on the cam.

Paul

Weekly bump!

Interesting to machine the cam.

Do not have my unit on hand but if I remember well the lens serial number is hand written on the cam.

Paul
I do not think it would be difficult, just a lot of trial and error to get the curve correct. I'll have to check re the serial.