The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SCAM ALERT - Andrew W

darr

Their at it again!
This time i was sent an email via my blog site contact page regarding a 2019 Buy/Sell post here on GetDPI:

----

My name is: Andrew W
My email is: [email protected]

My message:
Hi Darr

I find you have the Rodenstock 45mm f/4.5 Apo-Sironar Digital listing on getdpi.com

Can you ship it to Canada by USPS? I have 100% on the ebay feedback.

What is the lowest price you will let it go?

Thanks

Andrew W

From Canada

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Alpa-HAA-Ad...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

----

Be careful out there,
Darr

Last edited:

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Darr

How does the scam work so I know how to be careful .

Thanks

Roger

Their at it again!
This time i was sent an email via my blog site contact page regarding a 2019 Buy/Sell post here on GetDPI:

----

My name is: Andrew W
My email is: [email protected]

My message:
Hi Darr

I find you have the Rodenstock 45mm f/4.5 Apo-Sironar Digital listing on getdpi.com

Can you ship it to Canada by USPS? I have 100% on the ebay feedback.

What is the lowest price you will let it go?

Thanks

Andrew W

From Canada

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Alpa-HAA-Ad...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

----

Be careful out there,
Darr

darr

Hey Roger,

They will contact you through the forum PM (or in my case through my website contact page since I have turned-off PM) and ask about what you are selling, wanting to buy, or what you have been talking about in a thread they interpret as wanting to buy. As an example, once after I replied to a forum member in need of help with a tech camera, a scammer contacted me saying he had the gear I wanted to buy, but I never said I was looking to buy any gear, just helping with some technical details. Their info and story behind the "buyers/sellers help" gives them away. This was the first time they reached out to my website from here. Pretty brazzin if you ask me.

I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to sell through the forum, but I really hesitate as I do not want to deal with the hassle of forum PMs.

I post the scammer message as a courtesy as someone may actually believe these folks are for real.

Best to you,
Darr

tcdeveau

I received a similar msg from the same user.

He said he had 100% feedback on eBay, but the username he provided could not be found, and there was the eBay link to the HAA adapter....that was listed on eBay Germany when he said he was based in Canada.

Sure, maybe there’s an explanation for everything, but all things considered coming from a new user with 2 posts, probably a scam.

darr

I received a similar msg from the same user.

He said he had 100% feedback on eBay, but the username he provided could not be found, and there was the eBay link to the HAA adapter....that was listed on eBay Germany when he said he was based in Canada.

Sure, maybe there’s an explanation for everything, but all things considered coming from a new user with 2 posts, probably a scam.
The buy/sell post he refers to was changed to sold within hours of posting it in ... 2019!