The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica Elmarit-R 90/2.8 (3****** range)

Jonas

Here is a Leica Elmarit-R 90/2.8 for sale.

As you can see in image 1 it is a late model and it should follow from the rest of the images that it is good looking as well.

The rest of the images are here.

The lens elements are clean and free from scratches and cleaning marks.
There is no fungus, haze, separation or other problems with the glass.
The aperture blades are happy snappy, closes down in a circular shape (not rectangular) and are free from oil.
The focusing ring goes smoothly from one end to the other.
The aperture ring works as expected with distinct click stops.

There is some dust inside, visible with the reading glass on and a Maglite pointing at the other end of the lens. It is in no way more than you usually see (rather less) but it should be mentioned.

All in all it is a very good sample.

My price is EUR 345 and the price includes the lens, and the front- and rear caps. There is no box or paperwork.

Insured shipping inside EU is EUR20.
SWIFT/IBAN payer pays no shipping.
PayPal buyer needs a confirmed address.

The price is firm. If not sold here the lens will be listed at eBay and find its value.

Questions? Ask them before buying. I believe in good communication. It has worked fine in the past and I intend to keep my reputation as a good and honest seller also in the future. The lens is up for sale at another forum as well besides of this.

Communication via PMs.

thank you,

--
Jonas

Last edited:

robmac

Have dealt with Jonas before on a high-end lens purchase (Jonas, am Conner999 on FM). Great and straight fwd guy to buy from.

Good luck on the sale -- always liked the late 90 Elmarit.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I have had this lens since it was released. It is very under appreciated because it competes with the apo90 ,apo100 and the 80 summilux. The IQ is simply outstanding and only a small notch below the 100apo(which many think is "the"best). What most people miss on this lens is how well it handles ....it focuses much more quickly than the 100apo. I also have the Elpro close up lenses which together make an outstanding Macro setup.

Its a real value . Thought you might want a positive report as I really like this lens. Read E. Putts report on the lens.

Jonas

(...)
Its a real value . Thought you might want a positive report as I really like this lens. Read E. Putts report on the lens.
A positive report is never wrong. But you guys make me think I should keep this splendid lens and sell my Zuiko OM90/2 Macro instead...? ;)

Cheers, /Jonas

robsteve

Subscriber
Hum, never thought to try the elpro with the 90 E...
You need the 55mm elpro, not the one specific to the 100mm Apo. The rest of the Elpros are pretty standard close up lenses, not the multi element affair of the 100mm APO Elpro.

Robert

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Correct on the Elpro....The elpro for the 100/2.8 is a complex lens and the older 55mm elpro s are special filters . The 90/2.8 is not a macro lens..and can not compete with the 100/2.8 APO in a macro setting. But if macro is more of an occasional use ...its nice to know about the alternative. The focus mounts are different... a true macro lens will normally have a long throw(read that as slow but very precise focusing ). This is great for macro work but slow for general purpose photography. The 90/2.8 elmarit has a normal throw ...quick enough for normal photography but only adequate for macro work.

robmac

The 90E is a hell of a lens. As said, faster focus throw than 100 APO. Now that leitax R-Nikon kits have come along it makes me wish I hadn't sold mine.... Most people collect 50s, I tend to hoard 80-90mm glass, so must fight the temptation ;>

Jonas

Re: FS: Leica Elmarit-R 90/2.8 E55

Here is a Leica Elmarit-R 90/2.8 for sale.
My price is EUR 345 and the price includes the lens, and the front- and rear caps. There is no box or paperwork.

Insured shipping inside EU is EUR20.
SWIFT/IBAN payer pays no shipping.
PayPal buyer needs a confirmed address.
Price reduction; the price is now EUR 325. The lens will go off rom this list and get listed at eBay at Thursday.