The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: $999 Leica M6 (chrome) - late serial number

patashnik

I'm selling one of my M6's, since I got my MP back from service last week. It is a late "classic", serial number 2425017 - which puts it in the "10/22/1997-batch" (according to: http://www.cameraquest.com/mtype.htm). It has the normal 0.72x frames.

Cosmetically it is in decent shape, there is a small dent to the bottom plate. Other than that it is in good shape. I bought this camera as a substitute while my MP was undergoind "surgery", and it has worked fine. I have put about 35-40 rolls through it over the last two months, and everything came out fine.

One thing: With one of my lenses (Voigtländer Ultron 35mm f/1.7) there is a slight misalignment of the rangefinder. We are talking tiny here, and it hasn't shown up with the other two lenses I've used on the camera (Leica 50mm Summilux-M ASPH and 90mm APO Summicron-M ASPH). This might be the camera, or it may be the lens - I have no idea. There has been no problems with focusing, everything has come out sharp. Anyway, some might be scared away by this - I'll leave this to the potential buyer to decide. I'm selling the camera AS-IS.

The camera comes with a Leica strap, and I believe I have the manual as well (will check up on that). No body cap or box.

Feel free to ask any questions. Sorry about the rotten images...

I'm selling this "AS IS" at what I believe to be a good price.

Price: $999 + shipping. PayPal is fine, fees are on me. I'm in Norway, but will ship to pretty much everywhere.

Feedback from RFF and eBay, all good. Contact me for references.

Last edited: