The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Olympus Zuiko OM 50/2 Macro

Jonas

Here is an Olympus Zuiko OM50/2 Macro lens for sale.

It should not be confused with the Olympus ZD 50/2 Macro. This is a manual focusing version made for the OM system. Together with an adapter it is good for use together with any µ4/3, 4/3 or Canon digital camera (incl the FF models).

The OM50/2 is a truly great lens and you can read more about it here:

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/macro-lens-50-2.html

or here:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photograph...n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/macrozuikoC.htm#50mmf20

The actual lens, the box and the original pouche:

Condition

The lens is in very good condition:

Aperture ring: clear and distinct click stops in both directions
Focusing ring: turns smoothly between the extremes, in both directions
Inside the lens: You *can* see a few dust particles if looking with reading glasses on and with the help of a MagLite frm the opposite side of the lens. It is unusually clean.
Aperture blades: closes down as expected, no oil
Inside elements: they look good, I see no haze or fungus or separation or anything else
Front element: clean, no scratches or other damages
Rear element: clean, no scratches or other damages
Barrel: There is paint loss at a few places (f eks at the grooves at the aperture ring) See the images. I would say we are talking about very, very small damages.
Performance: USAF charts and an MTF (IMA-test) test shows that the lens performs as expected. (Interestingly, the lens seem to outperform the Olympus ZD50/2 in terms of resolution.)

Images
The images of the lens are here:
http://ImageEvent.com/jonas_b/vtempom502macro

Price
EUR 405
Payment either by bank transfer (BIC/IBAN) or PayaPal (verified address only thank you).
The price is firm. If not sold sold here it will go to eBay or stay with me.

Shipping
Shipping is EUR 20 (insurance included).
Free shipping for BIC/IBAN payer

Warranty, return policy
This is a private sell and there is no warranty. But wth, it is not like the lens will fall apart anytime soon.
If you feel that I have described the lens incorrectly and feel cheated you can return the lens and get your money back (minus shipping). That is for buyer living and posting from within the EU.
Any non-EU buyer is out of luck here. I can't afford to pay taxes just to get the lens back.

Taxes and customs fees
Taxes and custom fees, if applicable, is the buyer's responisbility.
Sweden is a small gloomy and dark country in the north of Europe, but a part of the EU. So, for a buyer living in another EU country there are no customs or taxes to pay. For any other country I have no idea.

References
I have sold several cameras and lenses to members here, at the FM forums, at Pentaxforums, at forthirdsforum and at the eBay. This far everything has been fine, smooth deals ending with positive feedback. Would you like personal references just ask me about it.

Communication
I'm sure I have missed or forgotten something. Let's talk, either by posting in this thread or using PMs. (no mails)

Misc.
The lens has is up for sale also at another forum.

--
Jonas

hunghang

This is one of the best 50mm lenses EVER made. I had one and loved it to bits. The owner of this lens will not be disappointed. I'd buy it again if I ever went back to the OM system. Also tempted to get it, along with an adapter, to use on my Canon and other sytems.