The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS:Olympus Zuiko OM90/2 Macro

Jonas

Here is an Olympus Zuiko OM90/2 Macro lens for sale.

This is a manual focusing macro made for the OM system. Together with an adapter it is good for use together with any µ4/3, 4/3 or Canon digital camera (incl the FF models). This 90mm macro is a truly great lens. Read more here:

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/olympus/macro-lens-90-2.html

or here:

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photograph...ympusom1n2/shared/zuiko/htmls/macrozuikoE.htm

The actual lens, the box and the original pouche:

Condition

The lens is in very good condition:

Aperture ring: clear and distinct click stops in both directions
Focusing ring: turns smoothly between the extremes, in both directions
Inside the lens: You *can* see a few dust particles if looking with reading glasses on and with the help of a MagLite frm the opposite side of the lens. It is unusually, in fact very, clean.
Aperture blades: closes down as expected, there is no oil or dirt on them
Inside elements: they look good, I see no haze or fungus or separation or anything else
Front element: there are no scratches. There are however two very very small spots on the front element where the coating seem to be damaged. This can be seen only from some angles and if the light is right. I tried to catch one of them, see the images in the gallery
Rear element: there are no scratches. There are however an area at the border of the glass where there is a cluster of three very small spots. The can't be seen from any angle, you have to look for them
Barrel: The outside of the lens is to put it simple as close to perfect as it gets for a used lens.
Performance: This lens is a great performer. When tested on a high density sensor (Panasonic G1) it clearly outperforms a well acknowledged lens as the Zuiko ZD50/2 Macro in terms of resolution and bokeh. Maybe the contrast is a tad lower. USAF charts and an MTF (IMA-test) test shows that the lens performs as expected. And the expectations are high. The OM90/2 Macrois sharper than the Leica-R Summicron-90/2 AA I had earlier. That is for short and medium distance. A slight edge goes to the Leica when the lenses where set at infinity. The OM90/2 wins the bokeh game. (All that was also with a high density sensor and there no doubt this lens will handle future multi mega pixel cameras well.)

Images
The images of the lens are here:
http://ImageEvent.com/jonas_b/vtempom902macro

Price
EUR 650
Payment either by bank transfer (BIC/IBAN) or PayaPal (verified address only thank you).
The price is firm and set with the mentioned spots in the coating in mind.If not sold sold here it will go to eBay or stay with me.

Shipping
Shipping is EUR 20 (insurance included).
Free shipping for BIC/IBAN payer

Warranty, return policy
This is a private sell and there is no warranty. But wth, it is not like the lens will fall apart anytime soon.
If you find I have described the lens incorrectly and feel cheated you can return the lens and get your money back (minus shipping). That is for buyer living and posting from within the EU.
Any non-EU buyer is out of luck here. I can't afford to pay taxes just to get the lens back.

Taxes and customs fees
Taxes and custom fees, if applicable, is the buyer's responisbility.
Sweden is a small gloomy and dark country in the north of Europe, but a part of the EU. So, for a buyer living in another EU country there are no customs or taxes to pay. For any other country I have no idea.

References
I have sold several cameras and lenses to members at FM Forums, at Pentaxforums, at forthirdsforum and at the eBay. This far everything has been fine, smooth deals ending with positive feedback. Would you like personal references just ask me about it.

Communication
I'm sure I have missed or forgotten something. Let's talk, either by posting in this thread or using PMs. (no mails)

Misc.
The lens has is up for sale also at another forum.

--
Jonas

Jonas

The lens is now moved from here to eBay,

Item number 200337478123

Starting bid at £400 - a possible bargain