The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Hasselblad SWC/M : $2,000

Arjuna

Price reduced to US $1,600.

This is a marvelous lens/camera - it very much reminds me of the Leica 24 mm Elmarit that I had - the images are special and stand right out on the light table. Unfortunately, just like the Leica, I don't use it much, as I just don't 'see' pictures at that wide an angle. Plus, I am trying to raise some cash for an M8!

carstenw

Wow, nice deal on a gorgeous camera. If I weren't so over-extended after my latest purchase, I would seriously consider this. Good luck with the M8, love mine! Which lenses are you planning on getting?

Arjuna

Thanks Carsten - at the new price, it has finally sold.

I think that I will only be able to afford one lens for the M8, to start. On 35mm film, I used a 35mm lens for probably 95% of my pictures, which would suggest either a 24 mm (I had an Elmarit, which I thought was wonderful), or a 28 mm, but even used versions of either of those tend to be a bit expensive, so I am leaning towards a 35 mm, being approximately a normal equivalent, or maybe even a 50mm - I used my 'blad 503 with only a 100 mm for a while, quite happily.
What lens is your favorite?