The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WITHDRAWN: Leica M24/2.8 ASPH, 6 Bit, IR Filter

fotografz

For Sale:

my lovely M 24/2.8 ASPH complete in box, 6 bit, caps, shade, pouch and 55mm B+W IR filter.

This lens was recently checked and calibrated by Leica Service and focuses dead accurate on the M8.

Currently $3,795. at B&H ... if you have a current Leica promotional certificate, it would qualify for a $300. mail-in rebate = $3,495.

My price complete with 55mm IR: $2,075.

Free USPS Priority mail to CONUS ... if you want it insured, you pay for it. PayPal okay if you pay the 3% fee. PayPal e-check (add $5. fee), Cashier's Check and personal check has to clear before shipping.

Really nice lens ... great on the M8 with approx 32mm field of view using the whole viewfinder (no shoe mount finder necessary). :thumbs:

Thanks for looking, PM me with any questions.

Marc

fotografz

Re: F/S: Leica M24/2.8 ASPH, 6 Bit, IR Filter

OFFER OF SALE WITHDRAWN.

The Leica M24/1.4 ASPH I received yesterday exhibits purple color fringing to an unacceptable degree ... I tested it in a number of lighting conditions where a lens like this would be used ... in every case the fringing was obvious and degraded the image quality.

As a control, I side-by-side tested it against my current 24/2.8 ASPH ... Nikon 14-24, and 24-70 and the Zeiss/Sony 24-70 ... all of which controlled the fringing much better ... with the Zeiss Zoom and current M24/2.8 showing virtually none, and the Nikons just a tiny amount.

Sorry to all those interested in my M24/2.8 ASPH ... but in no way am I paying the huge amount of money the 24 Lux costs to get worse performance. Sad.

Guy, please delete this thread and accept my sincere apologies.

Marc

JPlomley

I'm disappointed, but also shocked at the performance of a $6K lens. I was actually thinking of selling my 28/2 to fund your 24/2.8 since the 28/2 is so close to my 35/2.

jonoslack

Re: F/S: Leica M24/2.8 ASPH, 6 Bit, IR Filter

The Leica M24/1.4 ASPH I received yesterday exhibits purple color fringing to an unacceptable degree ... I tested it in a number of lighting conditions where a lens like this would be used ... in every case the fringing was obvious and degraded the image quality.
HI Marc
commiseration . . could it have been a 'bad' one?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I was getting interested in the 24 lux, Anybody seen a "good" one?
-bob