The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: CV 180/4 APO in AiS + Adapter

robmac

Have for sale:

1. Mint copy of the very rare CV 180/4 APO in AiS mount w/hood. Glass clean and clear, no mentionable signs of use on body, if there is dust you'll need a flashlight to find it. Sale includes OEM round metal hood ($70 value if you can find one), metal front cap for hood, screw-in front element cover, rear cap. Mounts and behaves like any other Nikon manual focus AiS lens. Razor sharp starting wide open and is truely APO corrected.

Having owned the famous uber-performing Leica 180/2.8 APO and 180/2 APOs, the CV 180 is, w/o question the Crown Prince to the $2000 Leica's King. It is THE closest a Nikon or Canon shooter is going to get to the Leica without, well, owning the Leica.

Price is US$710 shipped and PP'd in NA shipped from Canada by EMS tracked and insured. Offshore fine, buyer pays shipping difference vs typical US/CDN destination. Deduct 3% if paying by EMT within Canada or by USPS International MO. Will obviously deduct shipping and PP's FX 'vig' if by some miracle you want to meet over coffee (Halifax N.S.) and pay in CDN$. :D

Yup, it ain't cheap, but it IS worth it (and I'm a picky SOB). Look at it this way, Lloyd C indicated he'd only sell his for $2000 (and he shoots the Leica 180/2.8 APO on his D3x), so you're getting a deal :ROTFL:.

Why selling you ask? Bought lens last year and while an amazing (and tiny) hunk of glass, I never seem to shoot that FL much, could use some other gear, and I'm not a collector interested in holding it for appreciation.

2. Custom-encoded Happypagehk Nikon-Eos adapter (new style), chipped for "180mm F4". Comes with Canon rear cap.

US$60 shipped and PP'd. Will obviously discount a combo pack for Canon shooters due to saved shipping.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post pics as my 1Ds2 has a badly gunked sensor and the @#$%^&'s I ordered some full swabs and fluid from by 2 day air screwed up and shipped by bloody truck - AND no local shops have any #$%^ 1.0x swabs or suitable fluid left in in stock. Angry enough to spit nails.

That said, check my feedback on FM (Conner999), lens IS as described and will be packed like I would like to receive gear.

Gear would be interested in partial trade (you never know):

1. Mamiya M645 120/4 Macro (manual aperture older unit)
2. Mamiya 55/2.5 C or S (not N)
3. Fotodiox Pro Mamiya-Nikon or Mamiya-EoS adapter
4. Mamiya M645 Auto bellows N (older tilt-enabled version)
5. Maybe Mamiya M645 Pro with back and AE prism.

EMAILS Please