Site Sponsors

Thread: FS or FT: Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

FS or FT: Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180

FS: Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180
    Condition: Mint
    Price: $4500.00 obo

I will consider a trade for the Leica Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH 2.8/35-70 plus cash on my end.
    Last edited by PSon; 10th November 2007 at 23:33. Reason: for clarity
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: FS or FT: Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180

Your just teasing me.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Son:

I was reading Erwin Puts book the other night and I may have misunderstood what he was writing, but it sounded like the 180mm APO Summicron has a bigger image circle than the rest of the Leica lenses. Would this have any significance when using it on altenaltive systems, such as a larger format digital?

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Non ROM version Son?

Can ROM be Added by Leica?

I ask because it's highly likely that ROM will be needed for the R10.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes you can add ROM to the 180 F2 i believe it cost 175.00
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by robsteve View Post
    Son:

I was reading Erwin Puts book the other night and I may have misunderstood what he was writing, but it sounded like the 180mm APO Summicron has a bigger image circle than the rest of the Leica lenses. Would this have any significance when using it on altenaltive systems, such as a larger format digital?
    Ok I am back and sleeping has not been to good so excuse my clarity.

Robert,
    The Leica Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180 is not the first 35 mm format lens with a bigger image circle than it intended for such as the Contax Carl Zeiss S-Planar T* 4.0/100. These lens are extremely sharp due the recording medium do not cover the edges. However, to put these lens on the larger format such as the medium format camera, the lens will interfere with the mirror mechanism. Thus, we will not be able to squiz all of the image circle out. However, if what Guy saying is true with the R10 being potentially larger than full frame this lens could show us something that other lens may not particularly at the edges. For example, I am developing a system where I can put the S-Planar 4.0/100 on the Contax 645 and at the ratio of 1:4 there is nothing like it.
    Son
    ALPA (MAX, STC, TC) | CAMBO (Actus DB2, WRS-AE) | CONTAX | HASSELBLAD | LEICA | DB (CFV-16, CFV-39, IQ180, IQ360, IQ3100, P45+) | Lens (Canon, Fujinon, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Rodenstock, Schneider, Zeiss)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Non ROM version Son?

I have 2 of these lens one with ROM and one without ROM but both are in perfect condition like new and why do I know this because I bought 5 of these brand new before but I returned them since they all look like these two lens I have. The reason for these new lens just look mint is due to the fact that they were hand made and in small quantity.

I am willing to put the ROM in from Leica if the buyer is interested and I am also willing to take best offer. If you get the lens and you do not like it just send it back and you get full refund but I can tell you that to get these lens in these two condition is not as easy.

I am selling one and keeping one for the R10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografz View Post
    Non ROM version Son?

I just had ROM installed on my 180mm APO Summicron by Kindemann. I decided to get it and my 400mm f2.8 converted to ROM in anticipation of the R10.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok the sale is for the ROM like new Apo-Summicron-R 2.0/180 ROM with all the box. If you own the 1Ds Mark III, you should really consider this lens; it is the Guy Mancuso favorite Leica R lens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pham Minh Son View Post
    ... it is the Guy Mancuso favorite Leica R lens.
    It's definitely also my favourite lens. It'll have to be pried from my rotting corpse before I'll part with it!

JJ