The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Canon 5d (new old stock)

trev2401

Hi folks,

just thought i'd put this feeler out.

First and foremost, i'm located in Japan/Tokyo. But have sold/bought many things from the wonderful forums such as FM, RF,feebay and recently here, with 100% feedback.

So, i have 2 Canon 5d bodies, both of which were recently purchased New (yes, new) from a store here clearing out their old stock of Canon 5d mk 1 bodies in Tokyo.

Cameras were tested at the store, with at most 30-40 actuations on the shutter, and comes with all boxes/unopened software/instructions, etc etc.
I was supposed to use them for work, but ended up shooting with a rented 500CM instead. (love 120)
As such, the cameras are essentially new. Never brought out of the box after leaving the store, no wear, etc.

I paid 1650$USD (after conversion) plus all taxes, for the bodies, new, and as I do not have a need for them now, was thinking of listing them up for sale.

As i detest the bay, and understand that i'll never be able to ask for the original price i paid, ($1650USD) i was wondering if guys/ladies here at getdpi might know a good price range to sell the camera at, taking into consideration its condition/age, etc.

Feel free to PM me with suggestions or reply to the thread below.

Thanks in advance, and i appreciate your time.

best regards
Trev

Ben Rubinstein

Re: Feeler: Canon 5d (new old stock)

Unless the cameras come with a warranty that canon outside of Japan will honour, these cameras are basically 2nd hand with low actuations. Shouldn't be too hard to find out how much similar cameras are going for. The price you are quoting is similar to what 5D's were being sold for in the UK new when they were still available.

fotografz

My assistant just paid $950. for a mint 5D which I completely checked over for her and worked perfectly.

Low acuations is a plus, but not by much, since the shutter is really the only thing to be cautious about ... and a shutter replacement isn't that expensive.

trev2401

Dear all,

thanks for the help/pricing.

Both bodies have been sold.
best,
trev