The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

F/S: Mint Nikon D3 Complete.

fotografz

F/S: Mint, Nikon D3 body complete in box with all factory materials (grip strap and QR shown not included)

This camera was recently checked and maintained by Nikon service, updated with all current firmware, and was perfectly focus calibrated at my request. It was purchased new by me on April 9th, 2008.

While it was used for wedding photography, it has low actuations because I use 2 to 3 cameras @ each wedding, reserving this camera for "must have" shots because it records to two CF cards simultaneously.

Current price new @ B&H: $4,350.

My price: $3,350.

PayPal Verified please add 3.2% fee ... PayPal e-check, personal check, or Cashier's check is fine, but shipping will be after check clears.

Add shipping/insurance from Franklin MI 48025 to your location. Will ship by USPS Priority/Verified delivery, UPS or FedX ... it's your call.

Very fast, very accurate, full frame camera in mint condition.

Reply or PM me with any questions.

Thanks for looking,

-Marc

Ben Rubinstein

Getting a camera that's been focus calibrated will save a lot of time fiddling around with the build in calibrations, you have a corrected baseline. Methinks that the manufacturers included the ability to correct focus because they couldn't be bothered zero-ing each camera. Having a camera that is zeroed in is heaven. Done it on my two cameras and the peace of mind is incredible.

Worth it guys, go Marc.

fotografz

Exactly Ben, I noticed that all the Nikon and Zeiss ZF lenses needed about the same slight micro calibration ... and after Nikon service zeroed in the camera, they needed none.

fotografz

Marc

I didn t know you could use the micro calibration on the non cpu lenses(Zeiss) ?

Roger
No ... not the non CPU lenses as far as I know. But you can adjust the camera itself ... there are two adjustments on the D3 ... one general adjustment (which I consider the camera) and the other is for individual lenses. I just wanted it so I was starting from a zeroed-in calibration on the camera.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Ok but you sent the camera to Nikon for calibration of the body ....you can t do this yourself unless you moonlight as a repair technician. This is important as I have half your Zeiss lenses(should have bought all of them)...my D3 looks good. My test is a New York Times front page ...super easy to see if you can focus on the first letter in a line of type. I would buy this body in a heart beat if I could use another D3. Have you sold all your Nikon lenses ?

Roger

fotografz

Ok but you sent the camera to Nikon for calibration of the body ....you can t do this yourself unless you moonlight as a repair technician. This is important as I have half your Zeiss lenses(should have bought all of them)...my D3 looks good. My test is a New York Times front page ...super easy to see if you can focus on the first letter in a line of type. I would buy this body in a heart beat if I could use another D3. Have you sold all your Nikon lenses ?

Roger
No, I'm not selling any of them and am waiting for a new 180/2.8VR if they ever make one ... please.

180q

Care to share what the strap setup on this is? Also, does it get in the way when shooting in portrait?

Thanks,
Chad

fotografz

It's a Hasselblad H strap. Easier to put on and remove than any other. I have already changed the base plate to an Arca type from www.camdapter.com ... who also has hand straps.

I don't use the secondary controls for portrait, with the hand strap it's easy to just rotate the camera.

-Marc

fotografz

This Item is WITHDRAWN.

My D700 sold first so I'm keeping the D3 for low light work.

Thanks to those who looked.

Marc