The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Mamiya Sekor AF 150mm f/2.8 IF D

lovep

For Sale: Mamiya Sekor AF 150mm f/2.8 IF D
**LNIB/MINT Condition**

If you are reading this, you know that this is Mamiya's fastest medium telephoto lens. It is very sharp, and produces images that surmount the 120 macro lens! Also, because the focus distance is 3.3 feet, this lens is great for a variety of purposes--especially people photography.

http://www.mamiya.com/645afd-iii-lenses-sekor-af-150mm-f2.8-if-d-lens.html

I am selling this lens because I need to purchase other higher priority equipment for my studio. I purchased it a couple of months ago and still have the original receipt of purchase from my local camera shop.

I purchased it for ~$3200 a few months ago.

PRICE: $2200 (includes shipping)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: FS: Mamiya Sekor AF 150mm f/2.8 IF D

I have more times than I should have . LOL
Certainly my favorite in Mamiya no question

Don Libby

WOW! Great price

I wonder how long before Ken jumps on this...

Guy Mancuso

Don't let me push you over the edge Ken , but but oh never mind you already know how good it is. LOL

Henry Goh

Ken, you should consider yourself lucky because Guy already bought his otherwise you won't even get the chance to look at your checkbook ;>))

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Ken,

In addition to the 150/2.8, I have two zooms that cover 150, and cover it well. Yet this is a lens I simply cannot part with, it is almost magical on people.

kdphotography

Thanks for the, uh, "support"---Guy, Don, Henry, and Jack.

Although simply just "wanting" a lens is a perfectly acceptable justification for a purchase, I'm hesitant because I simply love the 75-150... Jack's comments notwithstanding.

Maybe if Jeff doesn't pick it up.... :)

Guy Mancuso

I would not mind having a 70-150 myself. Nice for landscape and studio work

Jeff Turner

Ken and Guy, I have the 75-150D myself and I agree, it is a very versatile focal length range. I think mine may have some lens element alignment issues since the far left and right sides of a frame do not have the same sharpness. I need to send it into MAC group for a tune-up.

I have been hankering for the 150D for the IQ and watching the boards for one. I was very surprised to see one listed. :bugeyes:

Guy Mancuso

Just so you know Jeff it is extremely good wide open and reason I went for one was this fact alone since many times I need 2.8 for some jobs and it handles it very well. Actually I shot this the other day just for kicks at 2.8

Guy Mancuso

Here is a 100 percent crop . Shot with a P30+ handheld. Slightly missed and hit the back eye as you can see it is a razor blade. Now i only bring this up for your benefit. I don't know the seller and all that stuff but as a fellow Mamiya user i thought this data would be helpful

Jeff Turner

Thanks Guy for the info and shared shot. I have been watching the various shots posted here by all who have the lens and am always impressed. Looking forward to it....Have already been in contact with Pat Love (the seller). He has a studio in Indianapolis, IN...shoots a lot of beauty and fashion. His work actually looks very, very nice.

lovep

Thanks Guy for the info and shared shot. I have been watching the various shots posted here by all who have the lens and am always impressed. Looking forward to it....Have already been in contact with Pat Love (the seller). He has a studio in Indianapolis, IN...shoots a lot of beauty and fashion. His work actually looks very, very nice.
SOLD! Thanks Jeff!

-PL

Guy Mancuso

Well that turned out nice for all concerned , there is another one on the forum from our dear friend Kurt. If your in the market than contact him as well.

robmac

Congrats to buyer and seller. Didn't want to sidetrack the thread, but now that the lens is sold, anyone care to comment on the relative IQ of the new 150 D vs the M645 150/2.8 A?