The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Repainted Black paint Leica M4 for sale

Erik Five

For sale.

Included:
Camera body
Body cap
Original manual and box.

Repainted black paint Leica M4. This has been repainted by Rangefinderrestorations and has also had a complete Cla. Got it back today, but need to sell it to fund other stuff :(. It has a couple of marks that is visible under the paint. I have tried to get them out in the open. Especially the one on the frame counter side. I choose to keep the original vulcanite despite of the chip you can see in the picture. I chose to do this because the leather is really smooth and its more grippy than a newer one. If the camera was mark free I would probably have changed the vulcanite just for the looks of it, but this is better if you plan to use it IMO. You can also see from the pic that there is some resedue on the curtains. This is dried oil from a Cla done long time ago. The service man said that the curtains are fine. Its just cosmetics and that they would last many years to come. The mechanics is buttery smooth and everything is of course A OK since its just back from Cla. The rangefinder is nice and bright as well. Overall a great and nice camera. The marks on the body is under the paint. There is no chips in the new paint.

I have lots of feedback here and there. Just ask me if you dont know me. I have probably sold 20-25 Leica´s and 40 Leica lenses over the last years with no complaints, so I can provide plenty of references. Send me a message here or contact me at erikfive at gmail dot com directly. My ebay username is five055 with a 100% positive feedback as buyer and seller. Also check the feedback thread here for positive feedback.

Im asking 1000$ including PP fees and tracked and insured shipping. The price is firm for the time being, but ill probably take offers in a couple of days if not sold here or other places that I present this camera for sale.

The Repaint and Cla is 350$ alone excluding shipping. It also takes a couple of months of wait ;-)

I can also trade it for a 50 1.2L or partial trade+cash for 2xPocket wizards.

Last edited:

Erik Five

Re: Repainted Black paint Leica M4 for sale

I can also be interested in other L glass. Give me an offer... You can also give me a offer for the camera if you wish and ill consider it. The M4 is the best M camera ever made IMO. And I have own them all :D

Erik Five

950$ shipped worldwide. Im off for the weekend so it might be an idea to email me and not send PM if you wish to contact me before monday. Email is erikfive at gmail dot com

gero

Erick, I have:

Canon macro EF-S 60mm 1:2.8 (never used) (new)

Canon EF-S 10-22mm (never used) (new)

Canon EF-S17-75mm used but in grate shape

do you think we could make some deal?

Geronimo

Erik Five

I answered Gero in an email during the weekend, but I use FF cameras so I cant use Ef-s lenses, just in case someone else should be wondering the same thing. I actually have three crop cameras, but they are all loaners from Canon so I dont want to invest in stuff that I cant use on the stuff that I actually own myself. Just in case they want them back anytime soon ;)

Camera is still availible btw...

Maggie O

Would you be interested in an Aztec Gold 50th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster in partial trade?

Erik Five

Always worth checking ;) Tri-X is a great film. I wish I could keep this myself. It was supposed to be a keeper, but I have to much stuff I need at this moment, so I will have to get a new one later on.