The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leaf Aptus 65s 28meg back/6 months wty MINT

D

dwdmguy

Purchased in Jan 09, this back is perfect. AFD Mount presently but of course you can change that.

I will be selling this as well as the Mamiya 645 AFD-III w/80mm AF 2.8 "D" lens Med format system, 150mm AF Lens. All in perfect condition. This means, no marks, dings etc...

The back would come to you as perfectly new just like from the store as new. Includes the water tight case, cables, Leaf Capture v11, Gray card, Manual, Diffuser cap, front and back covers.

I do not do paypal.

$6700 OBO

Best,
T

Anders_HK

Purchased in Jan 09, this back is perfect. AFD Mount presently but of course you can change that.

I will be selling this as well as the Mamiya 645 AFD-III w/80mm AF 2.8 "D" lens Med format system, 150mm AF Lens. All in perfect condition. This means, no marks, dings etc...

The back would come to you as perfectly new just like from the store as new. Includes the water tight case, cables, Leaf Capture v11, Gray card, Manual, Diffuser cap, front and back covers.

I do not do paypal.

$6700 OBO

Best,
T
Hi,

I have an Aptus 65, very excellent.

6700 usd is a few thousand waaaaaaay below market. May I ask why??? Genuine?

Anders

D

dwdmguy

Hey, and of course you may ask why.... (doesn't mean I'm going to tell ya) :)

Kidding.....

First, I don't think it's that way below market. It was part of the DL-28 kit and I'm selling the Mamiya AFD-III as well.
This only has 504 actuations.

Next, I became very ill not too long ago (MS) and amassed a huge amouut of debt, time to pay off. Next, I want a xpan II. I am about 98.5 pct film along with a darkroom with a Jobo 2300 processor that I love to use and make my own fiber prints. So, do I just let it sit there and collect dust or make use out of the equity I have in it and live worry free and enjoy more shooting? Easy for me.

And I'm not sure if you know this but Mamiya/Leaf dropped their prices again for their packages so I don't think it SO very low but it is a outstanding offer.

I would be willing to sell this with the mamiya AFDIII system with two lenses, the 80mm 2.8 D and the 150mm AF (non-D) for 8,250.

So, soon I will be debt free and working in my own darkroom that is set up so I don't have to stand and life is good.

And your right, the 65s is simply stunning.
Yes, it is of course genuine. The Mamiya AFDIII was a demo.

Very best,

Last edited:
D

dwdmguy

BTW: Leaf Back has only 504 actuations

would also discuss trade towards above for the following:

Leica Gear (Lenses)
Xpan I or II w/lenses

Hi,
Curious as to which Leica lenses you might be interested in? Are you talking R or M?
Thanks,
Lawrence

Last edited:
D

dwdmguy

Lawrence, I'm talking M

Would consider a 21 / 28 ASPH or the 1.0 / 0.95
Thanks

D

dwdmguy

P.S. Will hand deliver, with a deposit, anywhere between Maine and Fla. North east.
Why? Because my son and I love to travel, drive and shoot.

Anders_HK

Here is one that is 9K, a bit high but not by that much.
For Aptus 65 I thought around 9K is current market price, or just being curious, any solid reference of other price???

Aptus 65S should sell more than Aptus 65, or do I miss something???

Perhaps someone could post some reference...

D

dwdmguy

You can see the 9K price on eBay but the best reference you could have is Leaf once again lowered the price the other day for both the DL-28 and the DL-33.
The DL-28 with this back is now $9,995. That is with the AFDIII body.

I don't think I can show a better reference then that. A lot of people are not aware of this yet.

Anders_HK

You can see the 9K price on eBay but the best reference you could have is Leaf once again lowered the price the other day for both the DL-28 and the DL-33.
The DL-28 with this back is now $9,995. That is with the AFDIII body.
Same as P1 they give away a body and lens to sell their DB?

I don't think I can show a better reference then that. A lot of people are not aware of this yet.
Appear very suspicious to offer to sell so very low then, does it not??

How do we know who you are and that you can be trusted with $ ???

D

dwdmguy

Back is Gone.

I don't blame a single person for being suspicious with someone they dont' know. I would be. But I tried offering personal drop off if in the area. If someone was interested, I would have given my full name and asked that they googled it. That would have rested all fears.

Weather the DL-28 is marketed to "give away" a body and lens to sell their DB is completely unfounded. This is a wonderful body and the new "D" lens is simply off the hook

Now remove even just 2K for the body and the lens and you have a new back for $7995 with a one year wty. How in the world do you think me selling the back for almost 7K is so low.

I'll tell you what I think because I feel it two. Leaf owners are pissed and do not want to ack. whats going on. LEAF reduced this price in WAY less then one year by almost 50 pct. In fact, just months. Owners that purchased this camera for 15K are now seeing their investment go down the can as it's 5k less in just a few months.
That puts us in not only denial but a state of anger about it as well.

The facts of the pricing cannot be disputed. Btw, my body, sold for exatly that, 2K

Now Anders, I'm very sorry, you are the perfect example of this. You already stated you have this body and your asking "How I can be trusted with this" Why are you putting so much energy into this thread?
Because your just as disapointed as I with Leaf. Thats how. I don't blame you.

Anders_HK

Back is Gone.

I don't blame a single person for being suspicious with someone they dont' know. I would be. But I tried offering personal drop off if in the area. If someone was interested, I would have given my full name and asked that they googled it. That would have rested all fears.

Weather the DL-28 is marketed to "give away" a body and lens to sell their DB is completely unfounded. This is a wonderful body and the new "D" lens is simply off the hook

Now remove even just 2K for the body and the lens and you have a new back for $7995 with a one year wty. How in the world do you think me selling the back for almost 7K is so low.

I'll tell you what I think because I feel it two. Leaf owners are pissed and do not want to ack. whats going on. LEAF reduced this price in WAY less then one year by almost 50 pct. In fact, just months. Owners that purchased this camera for 15K are now seeing their investment go down the can as it's 5k less in just a few months.
That puts us in not only denial but a state of anger about it as well.

The facts of the pricing cannot be disputed. Btw, my body, sold for exatly that, 2K

Now Anders, I'm very sorry, you are the perfect example of this. You already stated you have this body and your asking "How I can be trusted with this" Why are you putting so much energy into this thread?
Because your just as disapointed as I with Leaf. Thats how. I don't blame you.
Nope, not disappointed with Leaf. Just surpriced of your low price offer, and no offense meant. That is all. I paid over 13k for mine early last year - so what? That was money paid to enjoy my hobby photography, and that joy is not devaluated even if I will not get a penny for mine once I sell it. Mine is not for sale for very long, propably until it drops dead = many years from now. It has superb image quality. My serious hobby is photography and the Aptus 65 is the first digital product that is a keeper and breaks a personal insane crazy upgrade trail for being sold crap digital products. Simple. I love my Aptus, Leaf rocks! There is no single product that yet beats it to me, on price and pixels. And... I do realize in future when I will replace it, I will look for much more than just pixels. I anticipate that looong from now. Until then, can enjoy photography! But... first one I would look for would be a Leaf!

Regards
Anders

Last edited:

fotografz

This is just the facts of life in a global economic downturn.

This is a nice digital back, fast as hell with excellent image quality. That it can be had at what seems a bargain compared to just a year ago is to the buyers advantage if they have the money.

Look at what is going on with some Sinar backs, or the whopping price drop for the H3D-II/31.

If you keep your gear it's sort of a paper loss ... if you sell it now, it's a real loss.

-Marc

D

dwdmguy

I could not agree more with this. This is an Excellent technology. I'm selling as I am moving much more into the film analog workflow and since I enjoy it more I simply need the capital to support that hobby. But if I was mostly a digi shooter this would not be going anyway.

I just wanted to point out that the price is really not that low at all seeing what's going on.
I'll miss her a great deal, but there's always my next GAS attack....
best,