The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: 5D for/or IR modified 5D

Don Libby

OK I'm hijacking a little more. If you can't see are you manually focusing stopped down and making the DOF work for you? or is AF close enough. IIRC for IR you have a different focus distance.
Hi Terry

I've fallen into a trap of working with a technical camera. I've gotten so used now to not being able to AF that I've caught myself actually using the same workflow while I still had my Phase body. Since most of my image are at infinity or nearly so that hasn't really hurt me and I shoot either f/11 or f/8. You bring up an interesting question with 35mm. I assume the focusing will be close to infinity as well however I just need to work out the sweat spot for the f/stop.

I'm thinking of IR lighting more and more as I've gotten crazy color combinations in some lightning strikes and then to combine these with the general landscape of say - Monument Valley just makes me wonder.... Then again why haven't I seen anything like this before?

Don

Diane B

With some Canon EF lenses, there are IR correction marks (the 24-70L for instance), but you are right--it seems a lot are shot near infinity with other lenses, that I just wing it to a great degree when I'm using a filter and regular DSLRs--or go back and work it out. I focus, put the filter on, shoot (at the settings I've determined work best for IR in that situation).

With my IR converted 10D (Lifepixel), I can shoot handheld, use VF as normally and the focusing has been corrected for IR--or at least works with the majority of lenses I use for IR.

Diane

kdphotography

Let me know what Mariah decides -- I definitely don't want to Bogart her, heck she might put a hurtin on me :ROTFL:
Geez---looking at the FMVs posted here for used 5D cameras, I feel like I'm almost giving my 5D kit away to Mariah. But then again, if I didn't give her a good deal, she might put a hurtin' on me too! :eek: