The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTT B+W 43mm UVIR For 46mm UVIR

D&A

Hi All,

Title says it all (or just about all :)) I have a boxed "as new" B+W 43mm 486 UVIR cut filter (black color) and am looking to trade for a 46mm UVIR cut filter. Either a B+W or Leica will do, but since it's being used on a not often used 135mm, a B+W would do nicely due to closely matching costs to the 43mm. Depending on what is offered, I realize some additonal cash might be involved. Please let know if you have one to trade. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your message. With the Leica M8's 1.3x cropped sesor, it's often possible to ise a smaller filter size on a lens and not get vignetting..but not always. Not sure if my 135mm which uses a 46mm filter can successfully use a 43mm. In the meantime, permit me think about your kind offer while I see if anyone has a trade of their 46mm filter for my 43mm...which would make things easier.

Dave (D&A)