The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

24mm f2.0 (Pentax K)

Rawfa

I'm selling my recently purchased 24mm f2.0 (Pentax K) because I want to get the Oly 17mm. PM with offers.

Godfrey

I've never heard of a Pentax K 24mm f/2 lens other than the FA*24/2 AL [IF]. Are you sure it isn't an f/2.8?

To the best of my knowledge, Pentax made a K24/3.5, A24/2.8, K24/2.8 and the aforementioned FA*24/2 AL[IF] and that's it.

I had the A24/2.8 once upon a time: It was a fine lens.

Rawfa

Godfrey, where can I find out exactly what it is? I have a pentax k mount adapter and it attaches to it. On the lens it says 24mm F/2. There's a place that says Kiro Kinon Precision but this doesn't sound like the brand to me. I can also tell you that it's small. Does it ring the bell to you?

V

Vivek

There's a place that says Kiro Kinon Precision but this doesn't sound like the brand to me.
The brand name is Kiron. It has become a cult name with a following on its own.

Godfrey

Godfrey, where can I find out exactly what it is? I have a pentax k mount adapter and it attaches to it. On the lens it says 24mm F/2. There's a place that says Kiro Kinon Precision but this doesn't sound like the brand to me. I can also tell you that it's small. Does it ring the bell to you?
Ah, a Kiron 24/2 in Pentax K mount:

If you do a search for "Kiron 24mm f2", you'll find a number of pages where it's mentioned. Seems to be a pretty good performer. I'm pretty sure it was also sold with the Vivitar label as well, and was available in several different mounts.