The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Black Chrome Leica M8 complete:

fotografz

Leica M8 in Excellent Plus condition, all factory accessories; in the box.

This camera has all firmware updates and is a green blob free version. It was calibrated by Leica so it focuses perfectly, LCD in perfect condition (I had a peel-off protector on it which I've removed for these photos), never removed the plastic bottom protector, so the bottom is mint.

Extras: leather wrist strap and unused Giottos tempered glass screen protector still in the package.

Current M8 goes for about $4K ... my price $2,350. shipped to lower 48.

Been wanting a M8 but choke on the cost? Here's your chance for not much more than a film M.

Payment by check needs to clear before shipping, Pay Pal e-check prefered but must wait for it to clear, other PayPal fees covered by the buyer.

Before anyone else says it, yes, I am getting ready for the M9 ... which will be almost 4X the price of this camera. :)

Farnz

Re: F/S Black Chrome Leica M8 complete:

You haven't mentioned the magnifier - is it included and which one is it?

Pete.

fotografz

You haven't mentioned the magnifier - is it included and which one is it?

Pete.
Thanks for pointing that out. The mag is not included. I didn't remove it because it has an adjustable diopter which is set perfectly for my eye ... I will take it off if the camera sells.

Scargos2

Thanks for pointing that out. The mag is not included. I didn't remove it because it has an adjustable diopter which is set perfectly for my eye ... I will take it off if the camera sells.
Were did you get the adjustable diopter and is it a Leica?

fotografz

Were did you get the adjustable diopter and is it a Leica?
I have two of these. One is a 1.15X and the other is a 1.25X magnifier. Both have adjustable diopters on them. I use the 1.15X on a M8 for wide lenses so I can see the framing, and use the stronger one on a second M8 with 35mm on up lenses. They made a huge difference in fast and sure focusing accuracy.

A fellow somewhere overseas got them for me because they are not Leica made and cannot be sold in the USA. If I told you who, then I'd have to kill you. ;)

Seriously, it was so long ago that I forgot who I got them from. :confused:

I believe the Leica one will accept their diopters, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Leica's version cost more.