The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Nikon "Speed Demon" D3 Body!

fotografz

Have the need, the need for speed?

For sale, my "Wicked Quick" Nikon D3, which is the fastest full frame camera I have ever shot with ... in fact, the fastest digital camera I've used period. Not to mention the fab high ISO performance (even up to ISO 25,600! :wtf: I attached an ISO 25,600 that I just now shot in my studio in crap light with a 50/1.4).

Upon purchase, I also sent it to Nikon Service to calibrate the AF, and when it returned it was dead-on accurate ... and I mean seriously dead-on.

To match its capture speed, I am including two sexy 4 gig Sandisk Extreme Ducati CF cards for the dual card slots ... to either capture redundant files, or a total of 8 gigs of continuous capture. These cards format fast, shoot fast, and download really fast.

The D3 can use full frame FX lenses, or crop frame DX lenses,

Complete in the box with all factory stuff. No scuffs, scrapes, and the LCD is perfect. (Lens not included) Camera was purchased April of '08.

Current new price at B&H is $4,700. My price is $3,450. complete including the CFs.

Pay pal accepted if verified and you add the fees, I suggest using Pay Pal e-check and add $5. ... personal check or e-check has to clear before shipping. Shipping to lower 48 on my dime (hopefully someone in Chicago or NYC rather than LA ... LOL!)

Zoom, Zoom!

Last edited:

fotografz

Re: F/S: Nikon "Speed Demon" D3 Body!

When I bought it, the D3X wasn't out yet, and I wanted a full Frame Nikon Pro spec camera with dual card capture.

When the D3X came, and after awhile the price dropped to merely outrageous rather than ludicrous, I bought one ... plus, the M9 is coming which promises to cost even more ($$$$$$$$$$$). So I need the money ... simple as that.

I don't shoot much sports or kids running around and stuff like that (like none), and this camera should be in the hands of someone who needs the speed or really good low ambient light performance (I don't shoot much over ISO 1000 very often).

-Marc