The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hard drive recommendations?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I agree, WD Greens are pretty sweet drives, probably ideal for the DROBO. In fact, I am getting close to needing to add another drive myself, and will likely upgrade to a pair of the 2TB Greens for the added capacity...

Re rebuild time. If you have an original copy of your data, then the faster option is to simply rebuild it by direct copy of that original data. Actually, all RAID-5 arrays take longer to rebuild than a direct copy because of the extra math going on to re-construct the lost data.

John Grow

The studio has a DROBO-PRO with 6 WD 1TB green drives. It has been running nearly flawlessly since Feb. In the editing bays we share a DROBO with 4 Seagate 750GB drives that backup into the PRO every night.

I am a big fan of these units and as I am a big fan of not losing client files. I heartily recommend them from the stand point of simplicity as well as the reliability.