Site Sponsors

Thread: straps, straps, straps...

Post Thanks / Like

straps, straps, straps...

So I know it's not the biggest deal in the world but...
    On my F-2 shoulder bag I currently use an optech strap (1 or 2 bodies, 3 lenses, flash, etc).
    I usually carry it both over my head and shoulder and also just the shoulder and find it comfortable but it does get pretty heavy after a while.

What strap options do you guys find the most useful in terms of comfort / weight for this type of bag?...optech, UP strap, etc, etc

Cheers,

Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: straps, straps, straps...

UP strap. For everything.

Cheers,

ddk

+1 for UP strap!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Marc,

What I think is missing in the UP Strap for use with a camera bag is the stretch in the OP strap pad. I think straps like the UP Strap are okay for a camera, but find that the OP straps are more comfortable for a heavy load like a bag.

Steve

Paul O'D

I have both and prefer the stretch in the OP strap when carrying anything heavy. I just use a Y-Strap for a light camera like the DLux4.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stephengilbert View Post
    Marc,

What I think is missing in the UP Strap for use with a camera bag is the stretch in the OP strap pad. I think straps like the UP Strap are okay for a camera, but find that the OP straps are more comfortable for a heavy load like a bag.

Steve
    For me, it depends on how I carry the bag. I agree the added give of the Optech neoprene straps is nice, but if I carry the bag just on one shoulder, I'd rather have the gripability of the UP Strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'D View Post
    I have both and prefer the stretch in the OP strap when carrying anything heavy. I just use a Y-Strap for a light camera like the DLux4.
    I just ordered a Y-Strap to use with my GF1. I was shooting recently with Phil Douglis and he had one and it seemed like quite a good idea. I think the GF1 is light enough for it to work well, but we'll see.

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by simonclivehughes View Post
    For me, it depends on how I carry the bag. I agree the added give of the Optech neoprene straps is nice, but if I carry the bag just on one shoulder, I'd rather have the gripability of the UP Strap.

I just ordered a Y-Strap to use with my GF1. I was shooting recently with Phil Douglis and he had one and it seemed like quite a good idea. I think the GF1 is light enough for it to work well, but we'll see.

Cheers,
    Just for the record Upstrap makes straps specifically for heavier bags. They use Kevlar for strength and of course the two sided shoulder pads so as not to slip.

Woody

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by simonclivehughes View Post

Cheers,
    I have a Y strap and the leicagoodies hook---and planned to use it with the GF1. One poster said that his G1 had the lug pull out (Panasonic is repairing)--so now it seems that several of us are a bit nervous about using the Y with the GF1. The lugs and the outer body seem quite different and I still would like to use the GF1. Any thoughts??