The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What camera is this???

Terry

Thanks....I just read the "review" I guess now that I see the review I remember when he posted it. Interesting.

etrigan63

Boy, and they say that Leicas are expensive! I mean, $1500 for the compact body is OK, but then you have to add the MF digital back and then the lens, and the price skyrockets to somewhere around $30k. Pretty outrageous for a point-and-shoot (technically a scale focused rangefinder.) Looks pretty slick though.

I can see this as an add-on to someone who already has invested in a digital back (or has inherited one from an eccentric uncle).

fotografz

Boy, and they say that Leicas are expensive! I mean, $1500 for the compact body is OK, but then you have to add the MF digital back and then the lens, and the price skyrockets to somewhere around $30k. Pretty outrageous for a point-and-shoot (technically a scale focused rangefinder.) Looks pretty slick though.

I can see this as an add-on to someone who already has invested in a digital back (or has inherited one from an eccentric uncle).
If ya wanna play, ya gotta pay :-0

Seascape

Interesting thing is that at a Gallery show about a year ago, the shot he is shown taking in the video clip, was the "show stopper".
A 30x40" print that was head and shoulders above everything else on display. No mention of what gear was used for that shot (or any of the others, to be fair), however the showing was sponsored by Canon !!

I found the gear information by reviewing other articles on his site, however I would think many people believed that the medium format quality print, was made by a Canon body and lens.

Full disclosure would help.:cool: