Site Sponsors

Thread: What camera is this???

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What camera is this???

What is Michael Reichman shooting with in this video clip?

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/vi...7-sample.shtml

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: What camera is this???

Looks like a Cambo Wide DS. Pretty cool for architectural or handheld LF shooting - best suited for very wide lenses... see www.cambo.com

Post Thanks / Like

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks....I just read the "review" I guess now that I see the review I remember when he posted it. Interesting.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Boy, and they say that Leicas are expensive! I mean, $1500 for the compact body is OK, but then you have to add the MF digital back and then the lens, and the price skyrockets to somewhere around $30k. Pretty outrageous for a point-and-shoot (technically a scale focused rangefinder.) Looks pretty slick though.

I can see this as an add-on to someone who already has invested in a digital back (or has inherited one from an eccentric uncle).
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography |Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS, M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    Boy, and they say that Leicas are expensive! I mean, $1500 for the compact body is OK, but then you have to add the MF digital back and then the lens, and the price skyrockets to somewhere around $30k. Pretty outrageous for a point-and-shoot (technically a scale focused rangefinder.) Looks pretty slick though.

I can see this as an add-on to someone who already has invested in a digital back (or has inherited one from an eccentric uncle).
    If ya wanna play, ya gotta pay :-0

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thing is that at a Gallery show about a year ago, the shot he is shown taking in the video clip, was the "show stopper".
    A 30x40" print that was head and shoulders above everything else on display. No mention of what gear was used for that shot (or any of the others, to be fair), however the showing was sponsored by Canon !!

I found the gear information by reviewing other articles on his site, however I would think many people believed that the medium format quality print, was made by a Canon body and lens.

Full disclosure would help.