The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any small portable tethered solutions out there?

Marc Wilson

Hi,

On about 95% of my commercial location shoots I can tethered to my macbook pro.

On some shoots, say where its a tighter quicker minimal gear affair..me, my camera and a tripod, is there any solution to viewing images on a screen larger than the backs of the cameras so that I can check composition, verticals, etc.

It only needs to be 5 inch or so, does not need to do anything but show the images as I shoot them, and be flat so that it can hang around the tripod.(i.e not a keyboard with a screen at a right angle to that.
Connection by usb.

So anything out there that fits the bill?

Marc

D

ddk

Megavision use some small computer with an LCD screen of about the size that you're looking for but I don't know the brand. Talk to them it might be just what you're looking for.

Marc Wilson

just found out the epson viewers - P-7000 etc now have a firmware upgrade allowing tethering of certain cameras...will look into it.