The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Apple's new Magic Mouse - Love it !!!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Just turned mine on. Pretty interesting so far . Scroll is MUCH better. Little slow for me but everyone yells at me my mouse is to fast with tracking.

Tell you right now the the travel mouse is making it's way to the garbage bin or the kids. This will be nice to travel with with. Very slim

Guy Mancuso

Okay two finger swipe is pretty slick with back and forth on web pages. Right click is something to get used too , your index finger needs to be off the mouse but mine does it naturally anyway with middle finger doing right click. But will it help my spelling . NOT

jonoslack

Jono, I was just having some fun, and I'll bet it's a very elegant combo. I don't travel with a mouse these days (at least not much), but I could see it as a great solution, avoiding any need for dongles, cords, etc.

I haven't liked Apples mouse access to "right click" functions because I use it constantly in coding work (not my main gig, but it consumes a lot of my time). Maybe this mouse is better than any of the previous iterations. As I said, I've not tried one yet. :)
Hmm yes, the right click . . what you do is:

move your finger over to the right hand side of the mouse . ..
click.

:ROTFL:

I like to use a real mouse at client sites if I'm doing anything serious, but certainly that kind of functionality is all there now.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
But will it help my spelling .
There is this little program inside Snow Leopard called "Spelling and Grammar" that is on by default to check spelling as you type. It does a bright red underline -- oh never mind....

:lecture: :banghead: :deadhorse:

jonoslack

There is this little program inside Snow Leopard -- that is on by default -- called "Spelling and Grammar" and it does a bright red underline -- never mind....
Jack - you have no sense of romance.
Guy's spelling is charming - this place would be a lesser place without it.

Dale Allyn

I have a friend (a very successful businessman, in fact) who types EXACTLY as does Guy. In fact, I should try to call each of them at the same time to make sure that they're really not the same person.

Every now and then my friend throws me a curve by putting a paragraph break in a long e-mail. :D

Yep, we love Guy's style.

Guy Mancuso

Hey this mouse is pretty nice after about 15 minutes already getting the hang of it. Yes Jack i know all about that little program with spelling and grammar. My response it doe's not know jack **** about spelling and grammar.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have a friend (a very successful businessman, in fact) who types EXACTLY as does Guy. In fact, I should try to call each of them at the same time to make sure that they're really not the same person.

Every now and then my friend throws me a curve by putting a paragraph break in a long e-mail. :D

Yep, we love Guy's style.
But I bet your fnreid atclluay uses preidos now and tehn to cratee autcal snetcenes idsine his pragarhaps?

:D,

Guy Mancuso

YES ban the SOB. You should know though it would be a waste of time since you can't ban a admin. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

jonoslack

Glad to see that getDPI has it's priorities right.

I notice that Jack is an Admistrator - quite right too.

I also notice that Guy is an Administrator / Instructor :eek:

Still - perhaps I'm on thin ice here . . .all you grand Administrator and Moderator people bickering - - I'd better watch my step