The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OSX 10.6.2 update is out!

tjv

Have you guys been having significantly more crashes since Snow Leopard too? My system has been crap since upgrading, not to mention all the driver issues I've had...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have any SL issues except for one inbcalendar which causes the month view to be wrong.
-bob

jonoslack

Have you guys been having significantly more crashes since Snow Leopard too? My system has been crap since upgrading, not to mention all the driver issues I've had...
HI There
we have 5 macs in the office, and the three which have been updated are all crashing frequently in different applications, System preferences aren't working properly in 64 bit mode.

Basically it's horrible . . . . let's hope this helps

tjv

At least I'm not alone! So much for the good old days of Mac reliability. No crashes in 10 years and now a trillion and one in a month!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I use SL in 32bit mode and it has been stable for me on both my MBP and MacPro. But I run only basic programs: Mail, Safari, Firefox or Camino, Quicken, MS Office Suite (here 2008 seems WAY more stable than 2004 was), then C1, CS4, Bridge, Helicon Focus, Autopano Giga, and on rare occasion, Q-Image inside Fusion. Beyond that, not much else I run. FWIW, C1 is the least stable of all my programs, but only on my 8-core Mac Pro and 8-core Macs have been a perennial issue for C1, so I suspect C1 and not SL is the issue. I hope however that this .2 SL update solves some of that, though I doubt it...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay I'm a nut case , i loaded it anyway. All is well Adobe InDesign is fine, CS4 PS is fine , C1 is fine. All Mac programs running okay. Still have more to check but I have what i need to get project done. Adobe Acrobat is fine also and my printer and all drives are running smooth. Yes i did back up first. I maybe crazy but i ain't stupid. LOL

trisberg

Updated last night and haven't noticed any issues. Didn't have any issues with the 10.6.1 version either so maybe I don't run enough applications to stress test my system.

Saw that anyone running this update on a netbook with an Atom processor had problems with the system continuously rebooting on startup.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Interesting... Just finished loading 10.6.2 on my 8-core Mac and attempted to force a C1 crash with no luck. I figure it's possible a fix to SL could be the reason for the improved C1 stability, but for now I'm happily surprised. More time will tell and curious to hear from others on this...

jonoslack

At least I'm not alone! So much for the good old days of Mac reliability. No crashes in 10 years and now a trillion and one in a month!
Having done a proper check on this with the other machines (as mine isn't upgraded).

4 have actually behaved pretty well, it's only one which has been really bad. It seems that 10.6.2 has actually improved it too (not one crash today).

Here's hoping!

all the best