The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New to Mac/Apple

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
What is the hotkey combo to switch between apps?

The hotkey to switch between apps is Command + Tab. If you keep hitting tab, it will advance through each app's icon (which appear mid-screen) or you can hold down the Command and tab keys and select the app you want with your mouse pointer.

One suggestion, open your system preferences and click each icon that shows up. You can then scan through the options for controlling lots of the system level stuff.

Enjoy!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
BTW, the spell check is showing my misspelled words, but I can figure out how to bring up the list of how it thinks they should be spelled.
With the cursor on the underlined word, hold two fingers on your trackpad and click (this is the Mac equivalent of a right-click) :)

robsteve

Subscriber
I figured it out. My trackpad didn't have the two finger click enabled.

Jack, can you send me a group email for the workshop so I have the email list on this computer?

Robert

David K

Workshop Member
BTW, the spell check is showing my misspelled words, but I can figure out how to bring up the list of how it thinks they should be spelled.
Highlight the word in question and right click... it will bring up a menu that says "check in dictionary"

waynelake

The hotkey to switch between apps is Command + Tab. If you keep hitting tab, it will advance through each app's icon (which appear mid-screen) or you can hold down the Command and tab keys and select the app you want with your mouse pointer.

One suggestion, open your system preferences and click each icon that shows up. You can then scan through the options for controlling lots of the system level stuff.

Enjoy!
And to close down applications is Command + tab, tab, to chose which, holding Command down +Q will close down chosen application.