The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IPad Discussions

Texsport

Most people didn't have any trouble with the upgrade. Those that did seemed to have problems like I did of very long backups prior to the actual upgrading. I learned that I needed to delete some apps (and reinstall after upgrading) that cache a lot of data like Zinio, news apps, etc. Then it went just fine. I updated my 64 and my husband's 32.

Is it ITunes that is timing out?
I believe that it is iTunes sync that times out.

Apple suggested she delete a bunch of her photos and retry, but we were trying to avoid that hassle.

Thanks so much for the help.

BTW---your 64 and your husband's 32 sounds like my house!:LOL:

Texsport

Diane B

Odd thing today. I haven't sent a quick photo from the Photo app since 4.2 upgrade I don't think. Today I took a quick several shots and sent directly from the IPad. My friend said she couldn't open them. I tried a copy/paste but haven't heard back but when I again tried sending one directly from the event folder I got just an attachment icon and it said 'photo.RW2'. Hmmmmmmm???????? (next time I tried I saw only the embedded photo as was normal before). I shot RAW only with a G1, no +jpeg. Always before it
sent the embedded jpeg. Have things changed since 4.2.1??

Anyone tried sending anything quickie since the upgrade?

Diane

Diane B

Happened again. If I can figure out how to embed this printscreen from Flickr you'll see first one was RAW only and second was + jpeg

Hmmmmm by picnicmetoo, on Flickr

I have to assume something has changed since 4.2.1 upgrade. I've never seen the attachment before when emailing from Photo app, only the
embedded image. It's happened twice to me today.

Addendum: i've sent a few to myself to see what's happening. i'm now getting attachment icons almost all the time instead of seeing an embedded image as before. Sent the RAW + jpeg and the received email had embedded image and the file was 4.4mb I think. I sent the RAW only and it says 14.4mb AND when I touched attachment it gave me 3 choices to open the file: Filterstorm, Goodreader and Evernote. I'm not sure what to think LOL.

Diane

Last edited:
M

meilicke

Thanks Terry!

It sounds like this uses Apple capabilities to develop the RAW. It will be interesting to see if the end result is in the same league as aperture and iPhoto, and if the changes will transfer to desktop apps.

Diane B

For those who like tabs in the browser, thought I'd mention Terra which is free. I have tried several, Atomic, etc, but usually came right back to Safari. This one is quite nice to use with the tabs. Terra in the app store.

Diane B

Stephen,those are very interesting. I've looked for something like that to use with Ipad and just yesterday read a bit about it on an Ipad forum but hadn't visited the site. I'm still not sure if I'm not as well off to juet buy more cards but its an option.

Diane

Don Libby

I use ProShow Producer to produce my DVDs and just found out that I can now download the DVD onto my iPad.

Don

jonoslack

Stephen,those are very interesting. I've looked for something like that to use with Ipad and just yesterday read a bit about it on an Ipad forum but hadn't visited the site. I'm still not sure if I'm not as well off to juet buy more cards but its an option.

Diane
Hi Diane
I was also interested . . . but the 'high resolution' screen is only High resolution QVGA 320x240 not so good!

stephengilbert

"High resolution QVGA 320x240 not so good?"

So you feel that a higher rez screen is necessary for the device that you use to store photos and transfer them to your iPad?

Diane B

Thought I would mention for anyone interested in digital library loans having to use Overdrive that the Ipad version of the Overdrive app just came out. Tried it with direct redownload of book I have on loan and it works fine.

Diane

stephengilbert

Thanks, Diane. Remember that when we talked about this app a while ago, I said I was sure you'd let us know when the iPad version was released. You did, and it works great.

Terry

What is your favorite news reader (RRS feeds)....I've been using Pulse, but I've gotten less enamored of it. Flipboard is very interesting but I like the layout of pulse better....more info at your fingertips to see what you want to read.

Any other suggestions?

wjlapier

Just curious, has anyone scratched their screen yet? I thought I saw a youtube review where the guy tried to scratch his screen with a nail and it wouldn't scratch, but the back scratched easily. Reason I ask is because the case seems bulky and I would like to maybe use only a Vaja back cover.

I've had my ipad since they first came out and I've had it in either the Apple case or a Vaja case. Recently I purchased another Vaja case that is basically a back cover and a detachable front cover.

Vaja cases for itouch's throughout the house!

Godfrey

My iPad 2 arrived yesterday ... today I've had some time to get started with it.

An amazing piece of machinery. It's going to take me a while to unbend my mind.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke