The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Advice Please all you Mac Gurus.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
In my experience the migration assistant is OK as far as user data is concerned but I typically have to reinstall apps or plug ins if I use it.

+1 on Super Duper. Works extremely well and is free. I recommend paying the $28 for a registered copy as the backup scheduling is very useful and it's a good product that deserves support.

jonoslack

HI Kevin
keep it simple
In this case you have a good working machine... which you will stiil have after the transition
Use migration assistant - it will bring over 99 - 100% of what an average user will need

run all the things critical to you..launch the apps make sure they work etc

ignore the scare mongers :)

I have used disk utility to make duplicate drives that were used in apple demos with me driving the machines live in front of 500 people... :)...talk about money where your mouth is !

K
Surely 'keeping it simple' is using a disk utility to make duplicate drives?

all the best

Graham - that's what I'll do.

Incidentally, the return is delayed as the replacement main board arrived . . . and was also faulty :eek: