The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iPad Apps

Godfrey

Acquired an iPad mini yesterday ... just the base model for the moment. I will use it to check out whether the smaller, lighter form factor unit is suitable for my needs. If it is, I'll buy the full fledged 64G with cellular.

So far, I'm liking it a lot. WiFi performance improved, and the data rate with the Camera Connection Kit seems slightly better than the iPad 2. (The 30-pin to Lightning adapter works perfectly.) And of course all of my current apps run perfectly on it too. Having Siri and Speech-to-Text capability is another bonus.

Fun stuff.

Godfrey

Follow up...

I took the iPad 2 on my trip to Tijuana as it has the cellular, which I needed. Wish the mini did! This little machine is terrific, and much, much less to carry. The screen is fine for viewing pix or reading, and it's much more hand-holdable than the standard iPad size and weight.

I found a case for it ... The Moshi Versacover. Translucent plastic protection for the body of the iPad with a flexy magnetic cover that is designed to fold into both horizontal and vertical orientation stands. It's like the Apple SmartCover with body protection and a more versatile cover flap, keeps the mini small and light but with good protection. (I see Moshe makes the versacover for the regular size iPads too now...)

So far, very pleased. I'll likely order a mini with full kit memory and cellular soon. :)

Godfrey

Not an app but a new iPad ...

I've had a minimum configuration iPad mini (WiFi only, 16G) to use since the holidays, been testing mostly to see if it is sufficient for my needs. Turns out to be a better device for my needs than my existing iPad 2 and subsequent full size models, mostly due to the smaller size. I need more storage and the cellular interface, so I ordered the 64G model with cellular model.

Fun fun..